Pember

We were losing by seven when he came into the game and we went ahead while he was playing, so I don't see that.

You missed South Carolina blowing by him for 4 layups and Barnes putting JJJ back in with 4 fouls?

He's not ready to play at this level and with the talent we have coming, if his body doesn't change he will struggle to find playing time. He's not getting a lot now and we need help all over the floor.

There's a reason he's played 12 total minutes in 3 SEC games so far. Something bad or very very good has to have happened for him to get in the game. I.E foul trouble or we are blowing someone out.

He claims to have gained 17 pounds, he needs about 30 more and to work on lateral speed. Unless he does that he probably won't ever see significant playing time.

Last edited:
Dude’s got talent with a very minimal ceiling, but as my HS coach would say, “He’s Soft”. Master Drew is a wee bit timid of the touch, not a girly man, but a full metal jacket “towel treatment” from Fulky and friends would assuredly ensure his readiness and capabilities before tourney play.

We won! Now, let’s go shoot some fee throws like Vescovi, Go Vols!✊

Reactions: tn4elvis
Dude’s got talent with a very minimal ceiling, but as my HS coach would say, “He’s Soft”. Master Drew is a wee bit timid of the touch, not a girly man, but a full metal jacket “towel treatment” from Fulky and friends would assuredly ensure his readiness and capabilities before tourney play.

Interesting evaluation.
Just curious as to how you reached the conclusion that he's soft??

Quite possibly the most bizarre post I've ever seen on here.

Pember played a huge role yesterday at least in the first few minutes he was in there. Then he was getting smacked on defense and Barnes had to take him out. He is one of a few guys that will have to work hard this summer if they are planning on playing a lot next year. With all the talent coming in along with several solid guys coming back the terrible problems we have this season will be gone.

Reactions: cardvolfan
One of these is true(quote 1), while the other isn't(quote 2). I'll let people who watch games make that call.

Yeah, in his limited minutes he has taken 2-3 very strong attacks on the basket. There's a good chance he's gonna posterize some poor soul one of these games and I'm gonna rewind and watch the bench about 10 times.

I’d recommend not skipping your meds anymore

Reactions: lostsheep
Pember looked pretty good today.

Also I loved his willingness and ability to drive with the ball.......something we fail to see from Tennessee’s “big’s.”
Essentially all of our players don't drive the ball which is why we took 31 3s yesterday and made 6 of them.

Pember needs to get bigger and stronger so he can guard bigger guys down low and rebound. His upside is he can shoot and he can put the ball on the floor. I like him better than the kid from Finland as far as potential. And I like all of the freshman he has recruited.

Lord knows Ive been vocal about Not expecting much from Pember but he deserves credit today. He was huge in the run from down 39-32 to up 51-44.

I did think Barnes left him in a hair long as he gave up 3 straight scores at the end of his time in but none the less great contribution today

hats off

I think Pember is a player that can help this program. Short term out of necessity. I think it's possible he could be a redshirt candidate next year though when the numbers are better.

Long term he is going to have to pick up some weight because he will have to defend the PF spot because I don't think he is quick enough to defend the SF. At 6'9" he can be a matchup problem on offense with his shooting ability. Time and the strength program will help him and Gaines a lot.

Reactions: StuckinBama
Imo, the best thing for Pember is to redshirt next year. But, I'm still pleasantly surprised by how good Pember is right now. So, even if he never redshirts, I still think he can be very productive player for UT, especially in 2 or 3 years

I'd just like to see the kid stand up straight. His posture makes him look like he's already got the beginnings of osteoporosis...

Essentially all of our players don't drive the ball which is why we took 31 3s yesterday and made 6 of them.

Agreed. Fulky is the only guy we have that consistently scores in the paint. We need more of a presence there badly.

Imo, the best thing for Pember is to redshirt next year. But, I'm still pleasantly surprised by how good Pember is right now. So, even if he never redshirts, I still think he can be very productive player for UT, especially in 2 or 3 years
Agree with this. If we hadn't had considerable turnover in the roster, I don't think he'd be playing any this year. If he stays healthy and adds some much needed weight, he could be a great stretch 4 down the road.

Interesting evaluation.
Just curious as to how you reached the conclusion that he's soft??
Ne’er was any intended to be derogatory towards our stud freshman Master Pember who most assuredly will learn and grow with Barnes and experience.. On the contrary, he’s a helluva an asset and probably an even better guy! ....I can definitely see that I’ll be getting lambasted either way, but what the hell, go vols right!?

Preface: *physically=hard
“Soft” vs “Hard” in a sentence.

“DP went hard on O, but soft on D.”
HeyyyOoo! ...😐😒tough crowd

He’s 6’9 and lawt knows we could use some help on both sides of the court *physically boxing out. It’s the other side of the court though where there’s room for Fulky and friends can help expedite growth curve the most. *physically shifting our feet and playing some defense, *physically getting around a screen and/or *physically contesting any, but definitely open shots.

Free throw practice for all, Let the lambasting commence. Go Vols!

There...506BCF21-3FCA-484E-AE53-66CD3209B23B.jpeg

I think I'd rather have Pember getting minutes over Nkamhoua now that plasvic is cleared. Fulky and Plasvic need to be getting 100% of the minutes at C from now on. Pember can play PF effectively, mostly because he is a legitimate 3 point threat and can actually drive the ball to the basket from there 3 point line. Nkamhoua can't provide either one of those things, which are things you need from a PF at this level.

VN Store

Back