Peerless Price or Marcus Nash ?

Peerless was a borderline force of nature player. Those types you wind up and let them loose...regardless of system. Nash worked very well in a system and as the favorite of a generational QB. That turned two very good WR’s into HOF’s...Marvin Harrison/Reggie Wayne.

3F0zs3NOsAP1thOgGAke1algHuY7qhp_sTzpcFC3Nd2jDEb4UrJOcQx6CCEQixtwju_sJn69V0HP9Xq_Foc9ZxGP6lIzw7Cjb4pVVQ

And his punt return to seal the deal vs Bama.
I haven’t forgotten. Those are just the two most important ones imo. Dude was one of the most clutch WRs ever at UT
. That kickoff return was huge. I think people forget that Bama had got within 3 points and had momentum before he took that kickoff back and we pulled away after that. Then in the title game we only led 14-9 and hadn’t scored in two quarters until Peerless took that beautifully thrown deep ball from Tee to the house to close the door shut on FSU.

Peerless. He had a habit of making huge plays in big games. He also had a nice combo tomahawk/throat slash after the FSU game.

imma put it this way. Peerless was famous for boat racing your ass before extending farther to out fight you with his physique. Moss had more style and grace (like a dancer), Peerless was strong tho.

I think comparing Peerless within the company of his "peers" as a UT WR is where it should stay.
And he's the best imo. He could make tight qtr catches like Ced Wilson. He could jump like Hunter.
Like you said strong. Peerless still is in top 5 lb for lb strongest players in UT history I believe.
Best all around WR. Patterson, and Pickens could probably beat him in a footrace, but not by much.

Anything you need a WR to do, Peerless could do it, and the flair to go with it. Clutch gene. He was Donte Stallworth but much more clutch...

Santana Moss??

Look, Peerless is my favorite VOL. Then Travis Stephens with Eric Berry a close 3rd.

But man, Randy Moss in college and in the NFL obviously was the best to ever play WR. Not Rice. Moss. I mean he finished 3rd in the Heisman voting being beaten by Charles Woodson and Peyton Manning. Best Heisman class of all time.

But Price is one of the most clutch college WRs ever. He was pretty damn good in the NFL for a while too. He is the best WR to ever play at Tennessee imo...
I hadn't seen your post yet when I responded the same way you did. You're wrong about the best wide receiver ever though. That was Jerry Rice, and it's not close.

I hadn't seen your post yet when I responded the same way you did. You're wrong about the best wide receiver ever though. That was Jerry Rice, and it's not close.
I'm not wrong.
Look at who Rice had at QB over a career vs Moss.
Rice did not change how pass defense was played.

You can believe Rice is best based on stats, but ask the best CB ever- Deion Sanders- who he thinks is best. I would trust his opinion over mine.

Moss had a bigger effect on the game of football, than Rice. One season with Tom Brady and past prime Randy Moss broke Rice's single season record.

It's actually not even close. My definition of good is how a player effects a game. No WR effected football as much as Randy Moss. Ever...

Santana Moss??

Look, Peerless is my favorite VOL. Then Travis Stephens with Eric Berry a close 3rd.

But man, Randy Moss in college and in the NFL obviously was the best to ever play WR. Not Rice. Moss. I mean he finished 3rd in the Heisman voting being beaten by Charles Woodson and Peyton Manning. Best Heisman class of all time.

But Price is one of the most clutch college WRs ever. He was pretty damn good in the NFL for a while too. He is the best WR to ever play at Tennessee imo...

I defintely agree

Reactions: LittleVol
It's actually not even close. My definition of good is how a player effects a game. No WR effected football as much as Randy Moss. Ever...

I would argue "Bullet" Bob Hayes may actually have that distinction. There was simply no such thing as the type of defenses they came up with to counter his speed. He also ushered in the "If they're stupid fast it's a least worth a look" era of drafting which lingers even today.

Stanley Morgan, Willie Gault, Tim McGee, Richmond Flowers, Anthony Miller, Carl Pickens there is a long list of great UT recievers. In the 80's is where we got the name wide reciever u! Back then we always had big threats at WR.

VN Store

Back