Pearl to NBA?

Please dont leave, Pearl! Then Saints fans will have to read about Fran to Tennessee... and any other D1 job that opens. :p

we get to hear this type of stuff each and every season all season long.

I feel your pain. It would be tough to endure another coaching change, especially with Bruce. Talk of a coaching change (football) has absolutely dominated our main forum - to the point I won't even go there again until a new HC is announced. Speculation gets us nowhere.

I feel your pain. It would be tough to endure another coaching change, especially with Bruce. Talk of a coaching change (football) has absolutely dominated our main forum - to the point I won't even go there again until a new HC is announced. Speculation gets us nowhere.

Amen Brotha! Amen!

its annoying

It is ridiculous to even think a mens team would even come close to losing. Have you actually seen Top Notch Womens Basketball? It is barely good enough to beat those Frat Boys they invite (and the ones that show up are not necessarily good, just willing to play against girls). The worst team in Tennessee Mens Basketball History would blow out the Greatest Womens team in Tennessee History.

Our 8th grade boys team just beat our regional champion High School Varsity girls basketball team....just pathetic.

Our 8th grade boys team just beat our regional champion High School Varsity girls basketball team....just pathetic.

Why is that pathetic? Women are created with different bodies designed to carry, nourish, and raise children. That's a compliment, BTW, so don't take it out of context. They are shorter, lack male muscle mass and bone density, and have a completely different hormonal construct, which influences everything from body habitus to psychological tendencies.

I'm not a big fan of watching women's basketball, but comparing men's and women's athletics is apples and oranges, my friend.

Props to the Lady Vols and Summitt's accomplishments.

Why is that pathetic? Women are created with different bodies designed to carry, nourish, and raise children. That's a compliment, BTW, so don't take it out of context. They are shorter, lack male muscle mass and bone density, and have a completely different hormonal construct, which influences everything from body habitus to psychological tendencies.

I'm not a big fan of watching women's basketball, but comparing men's and women's athletics is apples and oranges, my friend.

Props to the Lady Vols and Summitt's accomplishments.

Don't get me wrong about my arguement, I was stating my opinion on an earlier statement regarding a certain womans team beating a mens team.

I stated my view on that. Not that Women arn't athletes, or that Pat Summit is the Best Coach in College basketball....period. It's just that you can't compare a mans sport to a womans sport, the Men always win.

Up until the Donovan-Magic thing, I always thought Pearl would have gotten a good look as the Knicks coach during his career...

but regardless of all that, no college coach is getting hired to the nba again yet after billy's move; it's still too early and it's still too fresh on their minds

I would welcome Pearl back in a heartbeat if he were to do what Billy D did (put a foot out the door and have a change of heart).

Up until the Donovan-Magic thing, I always thought Pearl would have gotten a good look as the Knicks coach during his career...

but regardless of all that, no college coach is getting hired to the nba again yet after billy's move; it's still too early and it's still too fresh on their minds
Tom Izzo turned down the Bulls job this offseason.

this will never happen, Bruce loves Tennessee, his son gos there, he just bought a ridiculously nice new house and hes got that hot brandy chick all over him. All of Knoxville worships him and he loves that, hes here to stay.

this will never happen, Bruce loves Tennessee, his son gos there, he just bought a ridiculously nice new house and hes got that hot brandy chick all over him. All of Knoxville worships him and he loves that, hes here to stay.

Exactly.

The KNS took a line in a Charlotte Observer story. And, that paper probably just ran with something somebody said over coffee.

Look at all of the dots that have been connected in our current coaching search.

Can't see Bruce doing the Orange and White like that...leaving just as the season started up...possibly worth noting around April but its a non story for now...(I hope...)

Pearl's personality is much more suited to being a big fish in a small pond. He will not go to the NBA. I'd worry more about another collegiate program stealing him away but only after he's had a large amount of success at UT.

Can't see Bruce doing the Orange and White like that...leaving just as the season started up...possibly worth noting around April but its a non story for now...(I hope...)

I don't think anybody's worried about him leaving right now. The issue is whether he'd leave after the season. I seriously oubt it. I just hate these rumors.

VN Store

Back