Pearl Signing 6 year contract today.

Wow, I can't believe some many people dislike Pearl. I'm starting to think that since Fulmer was fired, Tennessee fans have been in "firing" mode.
It's not so much about not liking him (well, for some anyway) as it is being puzzled by his salary and a contract extension coming off of what Pearl himself called a disappointing season.

And Hamilton does seem awfully quick to just throw a multi-year extension at his coaches for whatever reason. Hopefully the 2009/2010 basketball season doesn't turn out as disastrous as the football season following Fulmer's last extension/raise.

Is this what KY fans want UT to do? :whistling:

Probably. Most UK fans wish UT would drop off the face of the earth. lol Myself on the other hand, I like UT sports when they are not facing UK. I would like to see them succeed. So to answer your question... no. That is not what I want UT to do.

I know that the Gator's are UT's biggest foe in football and basketball and the Cat's (KY) are there too.
Florida is not our "biggest" foe in basketball. Kentucky is and probably always will be. Florida isn't even our second, that would be Vandy. Just because Pearl is 7-1 against them doesn't move them to the top.

I'm saying it was a lot worse before he came. He's done a hell of a job turning this team around from sitting in the cellar in the east to winning the division 3 out of 4 years. And from a team that didn't even sniff the tournament to one that makes it to the 2nd round each year.

I must have slept through our second round game this past season.

VN Store

Back