Pearl: "I'm not going anywhere"

It's good to hear that he wants to stay. He is the greatest basketball coach Tennesse has had and it would makes sense to keep him. He just needs to make sure he sticks to the rules from now on and good things will come to this program. It was disspointing to know about some of the things he did but everyone deserves a 2nd chance to make it right. There is no question that this man loves the University of Tennessee as do most of us on this board. Go Bruce! Go Vols!

It's good to hear that he wants to stay. He is the greatest basketball coach Tennesse has had and it would makes sense to keep him. He just needs to make sure he sticks to the rules from now on and good things will come to this program. It was disspointing to know about some of the things he did but everyone deserves a 2nd chance to make it right. There is no question that this man loves the University of Tennessee as do most of us on this board. Go Bruce! Go Vols!

Yeah, all that bad stuff like----Fixing grades, FedX'ing wads of cash, Having tutors take exams, and worst of all--------EXCESSIVE TEXT MESSAGING. :ermm:

Of course he's not going anywhere. He's grounded by the UTAD.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yeah, all that bad stuff like----Fixing grades, FedX'ing wads of cash, Having tutors take exams, and worst of all--------EXCESSIVE TEXT MESSAGING. :ermm:

I guess I'm missing something here was this supposed to be directed toward my comment on this post? If so, I don't understand what you are trying to say. Text Messaging and lying to the NCAA about a picture are the only things that I'm aware of.

But according to our resident idiots, he has absolutely no leverage.

who said that?

Surely you're not arguing that he has leverage over the one detail that matters in a contract. I know that you want to make this fit your worldview, but the pricing has been set. As to the remainder of the details, who cares?

glad he's not going anywhere. liked what i saw in the exhibition last night even though obviously brevard isn't anywhere close to the competition we'll face during the season. noticed fields started at 5 instead of williams but i guess that's bc brevard is smaller and is a better matchup for fields than big baby? either way we looked deep and i like our chances this season. tobias is the real deal.

who said that?

Surely you're not arguing that he has leverage over the one detail that matters in a contract. I know that you want to make this fit your worldview, but the pricing has been set. As to the remainder of the details, who cares?

I said he has absolutely no leverage as to the buyout and other provisions relating to job security. I stand by that even if Floor Sweeper questions it.

I said he has absolutely no leverage as to the buyout and other provisions relating to job security. I stand by that even if Floor Sweeper questions it.

I don't think there is any doubt that such leverage is gone. He'll end up with a good contract and he'll move on, but to pretend that he's somehow dictating the contract process is senseless.

I don't think there is any doubt that such leverage is gone. He'll end up with a good contract and he'll move on, but to pretend that he's somehow dictating the contract process is senseless.

And he's such a good guy that he gave up 1/4 of his salary because it was the right thing to do.

And he's such a good guy that he gave up 1/4 of his salary because it was the right thing to do.

I'm not saying he's bad or that we don't want him, but it's absurd to pretend that he has leverage in this instance. Hamilton's precarious situation is the only source of leverage in this situation, but that doesn't take away the AD's position in this negotiation. Both sides want the deal and the salary piece is decided. The rest is window dressing.

I'm not saying he's bad or that we don't want him, but it's absurd to pretend that he has leverage in this instance. Hamilton's precarious situation is the only source of leverage in this situation, but that doesn't take away the AD's position in this negotiation. Both sides want the deal and the salary piece is decided. The rest is window dressing.

If Hamilton is letting Pearl dictate negotiations, then that's just another reason he should be fired.

I agree with you 100%. It's totally insane to think Pearl holds any power at all in the current situation, as all things considered it sounds like absolutely everyone that matters has Hamilton's backing in this which offsets the shaky ground he's on.

I agree with you 100%. It's totally insane to think Pearl holds any power at all in the current situation, as all things considered it sounds like absolutely everyone that matters has Hamilton's backing in this which offsets the shaky ground he's on.
Are you trying to imply that being docked a quarter of one's salary and having your contract terminated aren't indicators that you have all the leverage in a negotiation? That's silly.

Are you trying to imply that being docked a quarter of one's salary and having your contract terminated aren't indicators that you have all the leverage in a negotiation? That's silly.

resident logic monitor certainly implied that Pearl is dictating this process.

Well, I suppose so, since others are saying Pearl holds leverage here.

Where else is he going to go that will pay him $1.5 million a year? I would promise to stay too under the present circumstances.

Where else is he going to go that will pay him $1.5 million a year? I would promise to stay too under the present circumstances.

Exactly. The fact that some of our posters are too stupid to see that speaks volumes. He not only couldn't go somewhere else and get that kind of money but he would struggle finding any school in D-1 to hire him if he left Tennessee in the wake of this disaster.

VN Store

Back