Pearl, Hall, and McBee....

Yeah (LOL), all you boys know more than the head coach.

Pearl will take charges and gladly do some of the dirty work that clearly some of the others care not to do, and he does these things on a regular basis. Now, would I rather see someone else with much more talent step up and take his minutes? Yes, of course, but that hasn't happened and I have heard lots of guys smarter than 99.9% of the posters here say the same things.

I would rather drop it at this point. I will defer to the coach on this one. Based on what I've seen from some of our posters, I will take his decision over your opinions and come out ahead most of the time:thumbsup:

Pearl drew five charges last year, which was third on the team so clearly other players care to do it.

How many charges has he drawn this year?

And name another top 10 team he would get 15 minutes a game on?

And for the record I'm not one who cares about his playing time too much.

Yea you really seem knowledgable :crazy:, so by your logic you'll take Pearl taking maybe 1 or 2 charges a game over John Fields who averages roughly 5 rebounds a game, shoots over 60% from the field and 50% from the line (not good but better than 40%), and is the only player we have on the team who has double digit blocks...hmmm yea you're right you probably are the smartest basketball man since John Wooden

Fields and Pearl play two different positions for the most part.

Boy, do you need a lesson in reading comprehension

Yeah (LOL), all you boys know more than the head coach.

Pearl will take charges and gladly do some of the dirty work that clearly some of the others care not to do, and he does these things on a regular basis. Now, would I rather see someone else with much more talent step up and take his minutes? Yes, of course, but that hasn't happened and I have heard lots of guys smarter than 99.9% of the posters here say the same things.

I would rather drop it at this point. I will defer to the coach on this one. Based on what I've seen from some of our posters, I will take his decision over your opinions and come out ahead most of the time:thumbsup:

There are loads of guys who know more basketball than our coach and many of those don't coach. CBP isn't the mist cerebral of coaches. He's a motivator, salesman and player's dream. Come off the over top reliance on a coach's relative intelligence because other people choose to do other things or might not have the requisite skills to win.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

On a different note I really hope Maymon and Bone will take away Pearl and McBrick's minutes....I also think Volnation as a whole have been very disappointed in Wololridge and Kenny Hall. I just remember how fired up everyone was to be getting a former NBA players kid and Hall had so much upside.

There are loads of guys who know more basketball than our coach and many of those don't coach. CBP isn't the mist cerebral of coaches. He's a motivator, salesman and player's dream. Come off the over top reliance on a coach's relative intelligence because other people choose to do other things or might not have the requisite skills to win.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Notice I didn't say 100%. Yes, there are "loads" of people who might know more, but the proportion isn't nearly as high as YOU think. Thanks for telling me something I already knew. BTW, Pearl is better at Xs and Os than you think

Boy, do you need a lesson in reading comprehension[/QUOTE

Fields is Williams backup right? Pearl has been playing the 4? So according to you Fields wouldn't be a more productive 4 than Pearl? Seriously??? You sir have never played basketball in your life...I played with 4 guys in college over 6'9" and basically were 5's, we started 2 of them down low and rotated the other 2...according to you, thats just not possible. No way should John Fields be at the 4...thats where Pearl is wrong

Boy, do you need a lesson in reading comprehension[/QUOTE

Fields is Williams backup right? Pearl has been playing the 4? So according to you Fields wouldn't be a more productive 4 than Pearl? Seriously??? You sir have never played basketball in your life...I played with 4 guys in college over 6'9" and basically were 5's, we started 2 of them down low and rotated the other 2...according to you, thats just not possible. No way should John Fields be at the 4...thats where Pearl is wrong

Whatever. Don't you need to go check and see if your school is out tomorrow?

No, I'm working just like I have been doing since I graduated college in 1993....Like I said "u never played basketball in your life" caue you sir are clueless....probably one of those guys who "didn't like the coach" thats why you didn't play huh?

No, I'm working just like I have been doing since I graduated college in 1993....Like I said "u never played basketball in your life" caue you sir are clueless....probably one of those guys who "didn't like the coach" thats why you didn't play huh?

You can't be serious :birgits_giggle:

Yes, I played basketball in high school and lettered all four years and am very confident I know at least as much as you about it, but it really doesn't matter. I will stick with my opinion and you stick with yours. Mine has usually served me pretty well.

You sure did go off on the wrong track.

that 2nd rotation that pearl puts in to give most our starters a rest needs more scorers, you have Mcbee, Hall, Pearl, and then Scotty.. and Trae Golden.. need one more go to guy in that rotation.. Maybe keep Cam in there.. Lack of bigs is going to kill us, if Big baby goes down we are screwed. Big baby probably has impressed me as much as Mel Go has, You can tell these guys worked hard this summer.

VN Store

Back