Pearl calls out Vol fans

Sudeepvol

In his post game interview, Pearl said he was disappointed that there were not many Vol fans in attendance at Alabama. He said when the lady Vols play there, the arena is full of orange. He wants there to be more orange at the UGA game.

Considering the number of empty seats, I also expected more UT fans in crowd yesterday. I think it's unreasonable for Tennessee fans to travel to away basketball games just because there is no opponent allotment allowed. But fans in the states UT is playing in should make an effort to go the games.

Just wanted to throw this out there.

Kind of hard for people to travel to away games in the middle of the week. Were you at the game yesterday?

I also think the issue is it is hard for people to get away mid week for a 7:00 game. I would have loved to have gone....but timing would have been an issue.

Kind of hard for people to travel to away games in the middle of the week. Were you at the game yesterday?

I guess you misread my comments. I don't live in Alabama, but I'm sure a good number of Vol fans do. I said fans IN THE STATE should make an effort to go the game if their budget and time allows them.

It was also a 6pm CST start. It's hard to make it down to Tuscaloosa if you have to work.

He also mentioned how well Kentucky travels too. But I don't understand how people compare basketball traveling with Football traveling. Looking at the radius of traveling the football team does, with fewer games...it's not even a fair comparison. Of course football wins everytime.

No comparison with the Lady Vols. They are like the Yankees and Steelers. They have legions of followers everywhere. To an extent, the same goes for KY basketball. UT's men's basketball program doesn't have that. Wherever those other teams go, there are fans already there. I seriously doubt all that many KY fans travel out of KY midweek for road basketball games. Those fans that they do probably live close to the site.

Last edited:
I'll be in Athens Saturday for the fifth year in a row. But, all of those games have been on Saturdays. If the UGA game was midweek, I probably wouldn't burn 1-2 vacation days over it.

I'm heading down w/ about 15-20 vol fans... anyone know what the ticket situation/scalping situation is this weekend?

The lady vols have a small army of senior citizens on their travelling team. Thats not what Pearl's team needs. Away games are tough, it's true. I wish I could go raise Cain more often.

I was there, but I also live there. I sat in the bama student section..it was glorious! Go vols! got to meet the team and coach Pearl!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

In his post game interview, Pearl said he was disappointed that there were not many Vol fans in attendance at Alabama. He said when the lady Vols play there, the arena is full of orange. He wants there to be more orange at the UGA game.

Considering the number of empty seats, I also expected more UT fans in crowd yesterday. I think it's unreasonable for Tennessee fans to travel to away basketball games just because there is no opponent allotment allowed. But fans in the states UT is playing in should make an effort to go the games.

Just wanted to throw this out there.

twenty years to get the following the LadyVols have. Their fandom are almost like Notre Dame fans in all states. Pat may be god....I'm not sure...but their following is a lot like a religion.

i live in KY. Got my ticket already, Bruce. I hope you play as high as the price I had to pay for it.

I also think the issue is it is hard for people to get away mid week for a 7:00 game. I would have loved to have gone....but timing would have been an issue.

yea its like a 8 hour drive. So that would have put me home at about 5am and to work by 645am. Sorry Pearl, if you only had games on sats then I would make the same devotion i do to football.

VN Store

Back