Pearl at the 3?

Shaun1985

I know this has been talked about but I havent seen much about Pearl at the 3. Maymon backs up Tobias and Pearl comes in to backup Tatum? Is that how this works?

Also, my head hurts when I see Pearl and McBee in at the same time. I really wish Pearl could tweak this to give us a lil more firepower on offense when the 2nd team roll in.

Yes it boggles my mind as to why Pearl and McBee would be on the floor at the same time

Pearl doesn't belong at the 3 spot at all. He cost us turnovers yesterday and they need to quit passing it to him. I always worry when he's out there on offense. He's good on defense and that's it.

It's going to be real interesting to see how Pearl performs backing up the 3 position. I would hope that McRae would develop to the point that he would be the back-up there.

I just can't see Pearl being productive at the 3.

Now at Div. III, that's a different story.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

My biggest issue with Pearl is on offense...When he is out there we are playing 4 on 5. He has no offensive abilities, I'm not being sarcast but he would have a hard time starting at Maryville College.

As far as McBee goes, if he can't knock down wide open jumpers at least 40-50% of the time he doesn't need to be on the floor. He's in there for 1 reason only and thats to hit 3's.

There has to be someone on campus at UT who is better than both these kids. When I was at UT I saw guys smoke some of the hoops players in pickup games, I gurantee you if Pearl held an open tryout he would find 3 walk ons better than Pearl, Summitt and McBee. A walk-on is someone who can push starters in practice, these guys couldn't push a grocery cart

If Pearl is good enough to get all the minutes he is getting we need to play in a weaker league.I'll grant you he has hussle but no shot or foul shot and walks almost everytime he touches the ball.We had last nights game under control about 5 point lead he misses front end of 1 and 1 and it all fell apart.Granted the old Scotty showed back up last night but you can't play 4 on 5 in this league

I just can't see Pearl being productive at the 3.

Now at Div. III, that's a different story.

If I'm not mistaken Pearl leads our bench minutes - he's got to go down as the worst 6th Man in SEC History. My one and only problem w/ CBP is "Daddy Ball" hard to respect a man that don't play his best... The guy does NOT belong on the curt unless we are up 30 with 1 min remaining. He sucks

If I'm not mistaken Pearl leads our bench minutes - he's got to go down as the worst 6th Man in SEC History. My one and only problem w/ CBP is "Daddy Ball" hard to respect a man that don't play his best... The guy does NOT belong on the curt unless we are up 30 with 1 min remaining. He sucks

Don't be hatin' the Sitjewation!

i think pearl will play more than woolridge in games where we need a more physical presence but he'll also play bc swiperboy isn't swiping like everyone thought he would. hasn't hit a 3 since the kansas game and doesn't really do much else good either. he is better at the 3 bc at the 4 he just gets pushed around even though it looks like he has a great body. pseudomuscles. go vols. i hope maymon plays good tonight and we drill the 49ers after dropping the oakland game in which we should have won.

VN Store

Back