Payton Verhulst

Hope so a big season out of her and Key could mean big things for the Lady Vols.

work ethic is how you work when no one is watching...
the golden rule of basketball for a coach is:
Players are made in the off-season, teams are made during the season...
so it is who is working right now,,,is the one who is going to shine later

Wow! I started reading this thread thinking it was about Payton. I've seen some videos of her high school games. She is very talented. It didn't take long for the entire thread to get hijacked.

If were totally honest about 40 or so of her turnovers could've been assists if we had a couple players better at catching the ball.

This is where I disagree. Team basketball is about playing together, learning your teammates’ tendencies and making passes they can catch. So many of Horston’s turnovers were due to passes that were too hard. She never adjusted that aspect of her game during the season. It gets to a point where you have to realize hey, I don’t need to pass the ball that hard. I need to make a catchable pass. Often on those turnovers the ball didn’t need to be rushed because the teammate was wide open and a typical pass would have worked. I think learning how to play better with others and making the easy play are two things she can improve upon.

Wow! I started reading this thread thinking it was about Payton. I've seen some videos of her high school games. She is very talented. It didn't take long for the entire thread to get hijacked.
Her mother, Robin Baker (her maiden name) played from Duke from 1988-1992 under Debbie Leonard.

VN Store

Back