Paul Finebaum

Correction for Mr. Finebaum: we're not out of the abyss yet.

I thought we were out when we had a 9-win season in 2015. Turned out, that was premature.

We're a championship program. So we'll know we're truly out of the abyss when we get to Atlanta and compete for a championship. Then do it a second time a year or two later.

Then we'll know for a fact we're out. For now, we're still climbing up.

I thought we were out when we had a 9-win season in 2015. Turned out, that was premature.

We're a championship program. So we'll know we're truly out of the abyss when we get to Atlanta and compete for a championship. Then do it a second time a year or two later.

You can climb out of the abyss without having to crest the mountain top. I think we are out of the abyss. What a difference coaching makes.

He picked Vols I think

Finebaum did indeed pick us to win this morning. He also said the following which I’m paraphrasing:

“Tennessee is a dangerous team. We know what happened a month ago at Auburn. What if Pruitt got to a bowl game? That’s one of the great coaching trajectories I’ve seen in a long time.”

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
The spastic clapping on the SEC commerical drives me crazy. Obviously, Paul doesn't care though

He's pretty unbiased. Then works to get a rise out of people. Every once in awhile he will open up about it. He has admitted on national TV that he loves TN but tries to he unbiased for his job. He said on sec nation one Saturday that he loved fulmer being back, called out the leadership at TN, and said the problems were the admin.

The man has to make a living, but he loves TN
He went to Tennessee. He LOVES bama

Reactions: LadyinOrange
Pray for him. He needs major surgery to remove his nose and lips from Saban's arse. Where Saban's arse ends and Paul's face begins is really hard to tell.

Reactions: IH8TheHaslams
Don't know how to add stuff bust said on Twitter Pruitt has brought us back from the abyss....thought we could use a positive thread for coaches and team
I think it's awesome, love him or hate him he's a top 5 voice in college football and he's an alumni. I think like lots on here he recognizes CJP and to date he and Fulmer look like last seasons best hires!

Reactions: njvols
He's pretty unbiased. Then works to get a rise out of people. Every once in awhile he will open up about it. He has admitted on national TV that he loves TN but tries to he unbiased for his job. He said on sec nation one Saturday that he loved fulmer being back, called out the leadership at TN, and said the problems were the admin.

The man has to make a living, but he loves TN
Astute ...Well said ...I can confirm that is how game is played . Have a school marm host and allow the others on panel to push fan buttons. Political panels use same format . Next time you watch a panel .. identify the ol sage professorial that everyone wants to gain approval from.. The school teacher type .. and then the clown ..

Reactions: GRN1926 and njvols

It was clear at the beginning of the season how Butch had razed the program and killed the culture. It was the worst season in history the year after the three elite playmakers left the program. What we have been witnessing this year is a rebuilding of the culture. I'm not sure we are out of the abyss but Pruitt is leading us out of the deep dark cave. If he lands a top third recruiting class with stellar O-line and D-line guys we will be back in the light. Still have to work to climb the mountain but he's building mountain climbers now.

I don't particularly care for his show or anyone's opinion on it.
Hands down favorite sports broadcast is 102.5 The Game in Nashville. That's all 3 shows from 6AM - 6PM

I'm not a Paul fan, but I certainly like to hear true good comments about our Vols.

VN Store

Back