Paul Finebaum and Marcus Spears have been removed from SEC Nation

200.gif
[/QUOTE

It’s been running about 5 years now daily on SECN. Hell, if that isn’t a comedy, nothing is.

They didn’t let ESPN take over, ESPN has owned and operated the network since day one.

When the Sec was working out the details for the Sec network, espn stepped in an bought it. That was my point. The sec was intending on owning and operating the sec network and espn didn't want that competition. I lived it; and I have a helluva Memory.

When the Sec was working out the details for the Sec network, espn stepped in an bought it. That was my point. The sec was intending on owning and operating the sec network and espn didn't want that competition. I lived it; and I have a helluva Memory.

I dont think espn will get rid of the sec, they'll cut other dtuff before the sec network.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I dont think espn will get rid of the sec, they'll cut other dtuff before the sec network.
ESPN/ABC will now be the carrier of the premier SEC games now that CBS was unable to match the ESPN bid. Really wish ESPN would buy the CBS college football theme song. I grew up with that music and thinks it’s synonymous with Saturday SEC Football.

Finebaum is still a high profile analyst. He may suck...but he's still got a following. People care what he thinks. It is what it is.

That's not accurate. At no time was the SEC going to own and operate its network alone. You may have a good memory, but you don't on this topic.

The SEC intentionally waited a couple of years longer than people in the industry felt like they should have. They did that to evaluate how the Big Ten and Pac 12's very different models worked out for them. The BigTen split its ownership with Fox 51/49. The Pac 12 owned and operated its own network. The Big Ten, thanks to Fox's leverage at the negotiating table, secured wide, though not universal distribution and had very limited startup costs. The Pac 12, trying to do it itself, had no leverage and ended up with narrow distribution and footed such a large bill for startup costs that they distributed less revenue to schools the first year of the network than they did the year before it launched.

Based on that information, the SEC exercised a clause in its existing contract with ESPN to partner on the SEC Network. What followed was the most successful launch of a network in cable TV history.

At first I thought they were replacing them with that guy from the video.

Finebaum reminds me of Uncle Fester's skinny brother.

GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: tbh

VN Store

Back