Path to a bowl game

Don't know why you think Y is a bad team. They came very close to beating an excellent Utah team. Their line is huge, see how they handled that push in the winning TD drive?
Their young talent is only going to get better.

I expect things to change for UT. They played well for the most part Saturday and will only get better, also. I see 6-6 record, since SECe is very weak.
I think you were looking at the 2018 box score. BYU didn’t get a TD until well into the 4th Quarter when the game was pretty much out of reach. Northern Illinois tripled BYU's 1st half scoring against the Utes. BYU might improve, but they're not very good now. We're just a lot worse.

I think you were looking at the 2018 box score. BYU didn’t get a TD until well into the 4th Quarter when the game was pretty much out of reach. Northern Illinois tripled BYU's 1st half scoring against the Utes. BYU might improve, but they're not very good now. We're just a lot worse.

Of the other hand, take away the two Pick6's and the score is 16-12 or even better if one of the drives resulted in points for byu.

No I haven’t been sniffing glue, drinking moonshine or smoking crack. I truly believe if we continue our game by game improvement on the same trajectory as from game 1 to game 2 that we can win 6 games.

JG has to play better...not lights out, just better. Simplify his reads. Two reads for every pass play and then check down or run. OL needs to continue to improve. BYU was a big step in right direction but they need to establish a starting 5 this week to start building chemistry and cohesiveness. Our defensive leader Bituli comes back and adds stability to the defense and the freshmen studs need to keep growing and learning. Defense MUST generate turnovers! Coaching...I really liked Pruitt’s comments today to the Touchdown club despite the out of context Titanic comment. He seems to be circling the wagons and I think the players will respond.

If this occurs, like I think it will...we can find 6 wins.

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

If you don’t agree that’s fine. No need to respond and say and say so. I know I’m in the minority. Honestly I’m most worried about the JG aspect. He has to play better but I still believe in this team and by damn it feels a lot better to have hope each Saturday.
GOT TO GET ONE FIRST LETS TALK NEXT WEEK

The most interesting thing Pruitt said today at his presser is about the defense.
He basically said we lost the first two games because the defense didn’t have enough quality depth to overcome losing Gooden, Buchanan, Bituli, and Thompson.

How did we lose these 4? Injury?

Do we expect any of them back soon.

I somehow missed it.

Thanks.

No I haven’t been sniffing glue, drinking moonshine or smoking crack. I truly believe if we continue our game by game improvement on the same trajectory as from game 1 to game 2 that we can win 6 games.

JG has to play better...not lights out, just better. Simplify his reads. Two reads for every pass play and then check down or run. OL needs to continue to improve. BYU was a big step in right direction but they need to establish a starting 5 this week to start building chemistry and cohesiveness. Our defensive leader Bituli comes back and adds stability to the defense and the freshmen studs need to keep growing and learning. Defense MUST generate turnovers! Coaching...I really liked Pruitt’s comments today to the Touchdown club despite the out of context Titanic comment. He seems to be circling the wagons and I think the players will respond.

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

If you don’t agree that’s fine. No need to respond and say and say so. I know I’m in the minority. Honestly I’m most worried about the JG aspect. He has to play better but I still believe in this team and by damn it feels a lot better to have hope each Saturday.
Kudos to you for the eternal optimism. I do think we will beat UTC and UAB and I could see winning some SEC games if everything improves but we now have zero margin for error and this team, even with improvement, won’t be able to sustain it on a consistent enough basis to go 4-4 in the SEC. You may be right that we can jump up and win some of those games, I just don’t see winning them all. Of course I very much hope I’m wrong and you’re right. I’d say 4 total wins would be more likely and even that will require improvement from where we are today. We SHOULD see improvement though. Have a good one fellow Vol fan!

How did we lose these 4? Injury?

Do we expect any of them back soon.

I somehow missed it.

Thanks.

Gooden - ACL
Buchanan - Spinal issue (done for good)
Bituli - Injured knee but due back vs UTC
Thompson - Suspension during investigation of Alleged Domestic Assault

I’m as big a die hard fan as there is, but a bowl ain’t happening this year.
Any chance we had evaporated after the first two games

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

I see 2 wins

It is possible but very unlikely.

I would expect 3 - 9. At this point, any more wins is gravy.

We would have to improve much faster than several of our conference opponents. The opponents have good enough coaches to keep that from happening.

We are starting a 1,000 yard race and the other teams have a 300 yard head start.

The most interesting thing Pruitt said today at his presser is about the defense.
He basically said we lost the first two games because the defense didn’t have enough quality depth to overcome losing Gooden, Buchanan, Bituli, and Thompson.
Still thinking like a DC. SMH. What about our QB play Coach? Leaving TDs on the field is what got us beat.

Reactions: BeardedVol
Correct. BYU is not very good. They re better than Ga ST, but not good.

But UT did play better football Saturday outside the QB. That actually got worse.
I keep hearing people say this and I'll just stipulate to it. I'm a bottom line person and I'm sure there are some nuances that escaped my attention.

I keep hearing people say this and I'll just stipulate to it. I'm a bottom line person and I'm sure there are some nuances that escaped my attention.

I am as well. 0-2 is unacceptable and sucks quite frankly. UT should have won both by double digits but both games were very different with the same result.

Having said that UT controlled the first half with bad QB play and decent defense outside a few less mental errors. When BYU finally capitalized on the QB Chaney had to hide him and the door was open. We ran for 200+ with no threat of a passing game for a half.

The bottom line says it wasnt an improvement but that gameplan beats Ga St going away.

I'm a basketball coach and while the sports are different you still look at why you win and lose and figure out how to improve after both.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
IMG_20180428_150247599-768x1024.jpg

Reactions: FLVOL_79

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

I can agree to this possibility but things have to get clicking for JG for it to happen.

VN Store

Back