Path to a bowl game

FBtime

No I haven’t been sniffing glue, drinking moonshine or smoking crack. I truly believe if we continue our game by game improvement on the same trajectory as from game 1 to game 2 that we can win 6 games.

JG has to play better...not lights out, just better. Simplify his reads. Two reads for every pass play and then check down or run. OL needs to continue to improve. BYU was a big step in right direction but they need to establish a starting 5 this week to start building chemistry and cohesiveness. Our defensive leader Bituli comes back and adds stability to the defense and the freshmen studs need to keep growing and learning. Defense MUST generate turnovers! Coaching...I really liked Pruitt’s comments today to the Touchdown club despite the out of context Titanic comment. He seems to be circling the wagons and I think the players will respond.

If this occurs, like I think it will...we can find 6 wins.

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

If you don’t agree that’s fine. No need to respond and say and say so. I know I’m in the minority. Honestly I’m most worried about the JG aspect. He has to play better but I still believe in this team and by damn it feels a lot better to have hope each Saturday.

No I haven’t been sniffing glue, drinking moonshine or smoking crack. I truly believe if we continue our game by game improvement on the same trajectory as from game 1 to game 2 that we can win 6 games.

JG has to play better...not lights out, just better. Simplify his reads. Two reads for every pass play and then check down or run. OL needs to continue to improve. BYU was a big step in right direction but they need to establish a starting 5 this week to start building chemistry and cohesiveness. Our defensive leader Bituli comes back and adds stability to the defense and the freshmen studs need to keep growing and learning. Defense MUST generate turnovers! Coaching...I really liked Pruitt’s comments today to the Touchdown club despite the out of context Titanic comment. He seems to be circling the wagons and I think the players will respond.

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

If you don’t agree that’s fine. No need to respond and say and say so. I know I’m in the minority. Honestly I’m most worried about the JG aspect. He has to play better but I still believe in this team and by damn it feels a lot better to have hope each Saturday.

It’s possible to get all 7 of those.
It’s possible to get none of them.

Guess we’ll all get to wait and see what happens.

sea-of-trees-1-1024x683.jpg

Uh..not so clear of a path...

Yes, there was notable improvement. But BYU is a bad football team, and that same improvement would have still resulted in a loss against any remaining opponent except UTC, Vandy, and maybe Kentucky. And I really don't know how much you expect a team to improve the rest of the year when this is how they came out of fall camp.

The most interesting thing Pruitt said today at his presser is about the defense.
He basically said we lost the first two games because the defense didn’t have enough quality depth to overcome losing Gooden, Buchanan, Bituli, and Thompson.

Reactions: MAD

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

Heck yeah!!! ....Go Vols!!!!.....
Bartender!!....'nother round!

Reactions: MAD and FBtime

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

USCe was same way with Bentley as we are with JG. I went on their board and they would say he does just enough to keep his starting job. He got hurt and the Olinski kid was lighting it up . I don't see us beating them but it is at home. We have never beat Muschamp. According to my Uncle big USCe fan the new QB has added a different energy.
i say 5 is max wins
UK QB hurt also we might get them on the road
but we are not beating Missouri on the road unless Bryant is knocked out

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

Bless this guy's heart. Please do not join any cults waiting on Hailey's comet.

Later year we shouldn't have won against Kentucky or Auburn, but we did. 6 wins is very possible and a surprise game as well. We missed out on one major improvement from week 1 to week 2, THE WIN. But you ain't watched football if you don't think almost every player that played, played markedly better. The kinks get worked out, we beat UTC. On to UF with nothing to loose, since NO ONE thinks we have a chance. PRUITT just might have a fiery speech about that bullied kid in Florida! And then what will VOLNATION complain about?!.........

I do believe the younger talented players we have will continue to improve a LOT by the end of the season. I am not sure the older ones who are still struggling will improve as much. Definitely not sure that will come in time to string 6 wins together but I am hopeful we look like a much better team by years end. The real problem though is JG. Will he get much better? Between Chaney, Tee and Weinke, you coudnt ask for a better bunch of QB whisperers but it isnt his body that is the problem, its his head and who knows if that gets straight in time.

Later year we shouldn't have won against Kentucky or Auburn, but we did. 6 wins is very possible and a surprise game as well. We missed out on one major improvement from week 1 to week 2, THE WIN. But you ain't watched football if you don't think almost every player that played, played markedly better. The kinks get worked out, we beat UTC. On to UF with nothing to loose, since NO ONE thinks we have a chance. PRUITT just might have a fiery speech about that bullied kid in Florida! And then what will VOLNATION complain about?!.........[/QUOTE
Pruitt does not have enough command of the English language to give a good speech to anybody.

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

I don’t think you’re far off in terms of the 6 games. However, I don’t see anyway that JG can put together 6-7 games needed to win 4 games in league play. At the end of the day, JG starting gives you 17-24 points. With our defense being young, that won’t win games.

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

It’s definitely possible because the SEC East is awful, but JG is going to have to finally figure it out. I’m not hopeful that will happen.

Reactions: CornFlake
Glass half full thinking (after 6 shots) - There are 7 games we could compete/win if things go right

Glass half empty (sober thinking) We are staring at 1-11 or 2-10 based on way we played first 2 games

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

I admire your optimism. However, we will be lucky to win 3 games with JG at the helm of our offense.

VN Store

Back