Pate: stadium atmosphere

No one questions it? Speak for yourself Personally I beg to differ…. A lot. I live here in GA and all I heard about is how amazing it is. So I was genuinely excited to go

We walked through the projects to get to the stadium. Stadium looked tossed together. Bathrooms made Neylands look like a spa, and the concession stands were cash only.

Go ahead and get on that band wagon but don’t try and drag us along.

No one questions it? Speak for yourself Personally I beg to differ…. A lot. I live here in GA and all I heard about is how amazing it is. So I was genuinely excited to go

We walked through the projects to get to the stadium. Stadium looked tossed together. Bathrooms made Neylands look like a spa, and the concession stands were cash only.

Go ahead and get on that band wagon but don’t try and drag us along.
In other words… you parked on Baxter Ave lol.
Been there done that.

I don’t think we want to compare Neyland’s bathroom and concession situation to anybody. Neyland has a great facade, great location and great atmosphere, but those concourses, restrooms and concessions are about 30 years behind the times. Sanford is a good place to watch a game provided you’re not up in the 600 level which feels closer to the sun than the field.

In other words… you parked on Baxter Ave lol.
Been there done that.

I don’t think we want to compare Neyland’s bathroom and concession situation to anybody. Neyland has a great facade, great location and great atmosphere, but those concourses, restrooms and concessions are about 30 years behind the times. Sanford is a good place to watch a game provided you’re not up in the 600 level which feels closer to the sun than the field.
It's pretty brutal in the top of the upper deck of Neyland in places too.

Their stadium is very nice, as is everything on their campus. In fact, the whole place is gorgeous.
Our brown bricks do not compare. No one questions it.
But damn their fans are morons.

Nice stadium. Doubt you’ve ever been there.

Y'all are crazy, that's got to be the most overhyped stadium in all of football. I watched us play there in 2012, I thought the stadium was like an adorable little wannabe baby brother of a real stadium, and the campus was nothing special.

Neyland is superior to that stadium in every way conceivable.

Y'all are crazy, that's got to be the most overhyped stadium in all of football. I watched us play there in 2012, I thought the stadium was like an adorable little wannabe baby brother of a real stadium, and the campus was nothing special.

The stadium is fine. It’s definitely not as loud as Neyland because of the open end.

Not sure what you’re looking for as far as the campus goes. Most I’ve ever heard say the campus is nice and Athens is a good college town.

Last edited:
Reactions: murfvol1
Their stadium is very nice, as is everything on their campus. In fact, the whole place is gorgeous.
Our brown bricks do not compare. No one questions it.
But damn their fans are morons.
No one questions it? LOL.

You can not state an opinion on an internet message board forum, with as much traffic as VolNation, and not have multiple people disagree with it. It doesn't even matter what it concerns.

You could not reasonably expect that everyone is going to agree with you on something involving game day atmosphere or facilities.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP and 25vol
The stadium is fine. It’s definitely not as loud as Neyland because of the open end.

Not sure what you’re looking for as far as the campus goes. I’ve always thought the campus and Athens were nice.
It's been a long time since I've been there (2004), but I remember Athens being a nice place with a lot of bars.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
True. It’s crazy steep at Neyland. But I don’t think it’s eat back anywhere near as far as it is at UGA.
After having sat in the last row of the upper deck in Baton Rouge this past season, I have never been as far away from a football field than that. Not even at Bristol where I had lower level seats almost in the turn.

20221008_093033.jpg

Georgia is the dumbest place on the planet. The mention of that sewage pit in the same sentence with Knoxville makes me want to puke.

200w.gif
Ah seed whut ya ded dere. You avoided the mentioned sin by using separate sentences. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every frog praises its own pond. But if Neyland wants to be topnotch, it needs a major makeover for seating, bathrooms, concession concourse. I'd advise, for mobility impaired fans, a few restricted elevators. To avoid what happened at Dollywood years ago, when Parton out of the goodness of her heart allowed free access for deafened people, only to see it massively abused by various types of pretenders. Mobility impaired people will have to pre-send rock hard evidence of their status. What evidence? Let UT figure it out. Maybe a multi-tiered arrangement, doctor, school administrator, employer vouching, etc. They can figure it out. But it would be darn nice if they did, and I'm sure set Neyland apart, make the best even bester. Heil! throw in an escalator or two, for hobbled blue hairs with bad knees. Maybe even project highlights of past Vols games onto the field at halftime. [Careful WoodsmanVol, your imagination is running wild again.] - {Shut up and leave me alone. I'm a Vols fan, we're crazy by default} Why not a 40FT circumference glowing orange saucer drone or helium balloon flown over the stadium at halftime? With a bright white searchlight, finding an illuminating the V O L S letter signs? Maybe even land the thing on the field, and blaring Rockytop as it does so? I'd dress the band up in ROTC or similar military uniforms, march them out of the field playing Same Boat or My Tennessee Mountain Home.

[That's enough Woodmans!] {But, I....} [I said ENOUGH!!]

Reactions: bigorangepoppa
Nice stadium. Doubt you’ve ever been there.

Been there many times over the years, dating back to the mid-1980s and most recently attended a game in 2022 with my nephew who made the inexplicably bad choice of going to school there. Don’t care if it’s a nice stadium or not. The experience there is nauseating.

If you can stomach UGA fans and their territory, that’s fine. To each his own.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Every frog praises its own pond. But if Neyland wants to be topnotch, it needs a major makeover for seating, bathrooms, concession concourse. I'd advise, for mobility impaired fans, a few restricted elevators. To avoid what happened at Dollywood years ago, when Parton out of the goodness of her heart allowed free access for deafened people, only to see it massively abused by various types of pretenders. Mobility impaired people will have to pre-send rock hard evidence of their status. What evidence? Let UT figure it out. Maybe a multi-tiered arrangement, doctor, school administrator, employer vouching, etc. They can figure it out. But it would be darn nice if they did, and I'm sure set Neyland apart, make the best even bester. Heil! throw in an escalator or two, for hobbled blue hairs with bad knees. Maybe even project highlights of past Vols games onto the field at halftime. [Careful WoodsmanVol, your imagination is running wild again.] - {Shut up and leave me alone. I'm a Vols fan, we're crazy by default} Why not a 40FT circumference glowing orange saucer drone or helium balloon flown over the stadium at halftime? With a bright white searchlight, finding an illuminating the V O L S letter signs? Maybe even land the thing on the field, and blaring Rockytop as it does so? I'd dress the band up in ROTC or similar military uniforms, march them out of the field playing Same Boat or My Tennessee Mountain Home.

[That's enough Woodmans!] {But, I....} [I said ENOUGH!!]
Maybe you ought to send these suggestions to AD White. I think you have some great ideas there.

Maybe you ought to send these suggestions to AD White. I think you have some great ideas there.

Thanks, but why should he listen to me? Really? However, if you think he'd bother to listen, feel free to send the ideas to him yourself. Who knows what might become of doing so?

Reactions: bigorangepoppa
Been there many times over the years, dating back to the mid-1980s and most recently attended a game in 2022 with my nephew who made the inexplicably bad choice of going to school there. Don’t care if it’s a nice stadium or not. The experience there is nauseating.

If you can stomach UGA fans and their territory, that’s fine. To each his own.
Your hatred is more for UGA fans then, I get it. That's how I feel about Bama, I can't stand anything associated with that school whether it's nice or not.

VN Store

Back