Passing of former Vol great - Mike Stratton

Used to see him a local gym (at least I was told that was him) about 10-12 years ago. Still a big man but kept to himself and carried himself like an athlete but very unassuming.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Rest in peace my friend. A gentle giant. A man humbled in front of his God. Well done, good an faithful servant. I will meet down by the river one day.

Mike Stratton - Wikipedia

I had the pleasure of getting to meet Mike.

A truly honorable and humble man.
I knew Mike very well. We played on the same Knox City basketball team that was undefeated when we were at Tennessee. His nit-name was Li'l Abner and was a very good basketball player as well as an All Pro Linebacker. After he moved back to Tellico Plains, he held an annual golf tournament which was played at the Links at Kahite in Vonore Tn. to raise money for the Tellico Plains high School. He was a real asset to his family, The University of Tennessee, his home town and everyone who knew him. He will missed by everyone. RIP.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Mike Stratton's famous hit on San Diego Chargers running back Keith Lincoln that broke three of his ribs. The Bills won the 1964 AFL Championship Game 20-7 over the Chargers.

View attachment 268259

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Mike Stratton.
My grandfather was from tellico plains, and the hit heard around the world was one of my favorite stories he used to tell me.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Wow! The guy was an aggressive LB. He had 6 interceptions, his rookie year! I know he came before the Dickey Years, but he had that attack mentality. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Mike Stratton VFL, GBO!

VN Store

Back