Parking pass question.

I got locust st. garage as well. I was kinda bummed out since it’s a 20 minute walk from the stadium, but I believe there is a shuttle at market square. Have you parked there before?
No, this is our first year getting parking. We always parked at the Ronald McDonald House (just 5 minutes closer and a huge hill), and had to be sure to get there way early to get a spot. So I'm pretty happy. 😂

No, this is our first year getting parking. We always parked at the Ronald McDonald House (just 5 minutes closer and a huge hill), and had to be sure to get there way early to get a spot. So I'm pretty happy. 😂
Do you know if our spots are reserved? Like for example, if I arrived 10 minutes before game time, would I still have a spot in the locust garage?

Reactions: vollygirl
I got locust st. garage as well. I was kinda bummed out since it’s a 20 minute walk from the stadium, but I believe there is a shuttle at market square. Have you parked there before?
Yes. I could have got C21, G17 or a few others with my rank which is 6300. Having said that if you enjoy waiting 1 to 1 1/2 hrs just getting to interstate. I measured Locust and it’s only 0.7 at north endzone gate and instead of rundown strip you have Market Sq. Market Square has plenty of stores, restaurants, bars and farmers market with buses available and very easy in and out.

Do you know if our spots are reserved? Like for example, if I arrived 10 minutes before game time, would I still have a spot in the locust garage?
Individual spots are not reserved but they won’t “oversell” the garage’s capacity if that makes sense. I’ve arrived several times about half an hour before kickoff and there’s always been spots left.

I am hoping so.

They aren't, but its never a problem. Parked there for 3 years and really liked it. If you know downtown well enough, you can sneak out and around to some quicker ways out.

I'm stuck in G17 but currently begging them to let me move to Ag or Locust.

They aren't, but its never a problem. Parked there for 3 years and really liked it. If you know downtown well enough, you can sneak out and around to some quicker ways out.

I'm stuck in G17 but currently begging them to let me move to Ag or Locust.
I don't mean a particular spot exactly, I just mean a spot in general in the parking garage. I live in Chattanooga. If something happens and I get there after the game starts, is there going to be a spot in the garage for me to park - is what I meant.

We have parked at Ronald McDonald House for years. It's pretty convenient, the hill climb going back sucks though. Also, you just have to get there as early as you think you need to so you get a spot. That's the part that sucks coming from out of town.

Reactions: WallyBalls
I don't mean a particular spot exactly, I just mean a spot in general in the parking garage. I live in Chattanooga. If something happens and I get there after the game starts, is there going to be a spot in the garage for me to park - is what I meant.

We have parked at Ronald McDonald House for years. It's pretty convenient, the hill climb going back sucks though. Also, you just have to get there as early as you think you need to so you get a spot. That's the part that sucks coming from out of town.

Ah, got ya. Yes, you will have a spot in the garage.

Explaining it as best I know- UT has a certain number of spots and the remainder are public. The number of public spots vs. cars in the garage is electronically tracked so the attendants are aware of how many spots are left at any time (its on a sign at the entrance). In the absolute worst case scenario that a huge number of the non-UT spots were taken, the remainder *should* still be open for UT passholders only, even if the garage was "sold out".

UT has marked spots in the garage for the Speech/Audiology center, and those are almost never taken because of the signs on them.

Granted, I said *should* because humans are involved and it appears UT hasn't exactly bathed themselves in glory this summer as far as assignments go. But I think you'll be ok.

Ah, got ya. Yes, you will have a spot in the garage.

Explaining it as best I know- UT has a certain number of spots and the remainder are public. The number of public spots vs. cars in the garage is electronically tracked so the attendants are aware of how many spots are left at any time (its on a sign at the entrance). In the absolute worst case scenario that a huge number of the non-UT spots were taken, the remainder *should* still be open for UT passholders only, even if the garage was "sold out".

UT has marked spots in the garage for the Speech/Audiology center, and those are almost never taken because of the signs on them.

Granted, I said *should* because humans are involved and it appears UT hasn't exactly bathed themselves in glory this summer as far as assignments go. But I think you'll be ok.
Thanks!!!

VN Store

Back