Parking in Gainesville....

tncolt55

I am going to Gainsville for the first time this year, despite all the horror stories. Any advice on parking or places to avoid would be greatly apricated. Go Vols!

Reactions: 89 VOLS grad
I am going to Gainsville for the first time this year, despite all the horror stories. Any advice on parking or places to avoid would be greatly apricated. Go Vols!

I think you will be fine parking most anywhere. Unless, you have UT things all over your vehicle and we curb stomp them or win. UT should win too! I made the mistake of leaving my flags attached to my vehicle at Louisville back in the late 80s. An ******* U of L fan
kicked a dent in my door.

I have been to UF two or three times. Unfortunately, we lost both or all three. Be sure UF fans don't know it is a UT fans' vehicle. Or, you may get similar results in Gainesville that I got in Louisville. I root against Louisville now in everything!

Reactions: tncolt55
Wear jorts, have a mullet, cross your eyes a little... maybe stick your tongue out with a little bit of skoal drool coming off it. They will think you're one of them -- no need to avoid places if you do these things.

We parked at the mall about 5 miles out by the interstate and rode the shuttle in. It was the year we gave up the 4th and 85 to lose. Got to the shuttle pickup line and saw how long it looked and decided in a pissed off state to just walk back. Got back to the parking lot and were the only car left in the lot.

You can park in the remote lots and take the shuttles in if you’re concerned. They have great tailgate areas.

You can park on campus too. I’ve had a blast every time I went and had zero issues.

Now …. If you go walk down fraternity row, expect to experience the “horror stories”. Don’t be an a-hole and you’ll be fine.

I’ve actually been twice. I park by the Publix on campus. They have security for vehicles. I would take any magnets or flags off your car. This sounds obvious, but don’t be a prick and your experience will be good.

At least it used to be...but you could park for free at many areas on campus. We used to park just south of the student union and the tailgating was great. I'm not sure if I'm going this year or not. Most of the stories are blown out of proportion. I've never had an issue. Good luck and GO VOLS!

I went to school there and work at Shands UF Health. Best place is Gale Lemerand drive. Blue garage by the life flight hanger. If you turn down Gale Lemerand, there is an open parking lot where RVs usually park, but they built a big new parking garage there too. Uphill Walk to stadium and not very far. Easy to get out.

It’s been a few years since I’ve been to Gainesville, but there used to be a good Vols tailgate in the parking lot of the McDonalds near campus.

Living in Florida, we have a group of guys that go to the UF/Vols game every year. The trips to Gainesville have been pretty nice for us. We even made up to the one of the frat presidents parties in my overalls and all, and no issues. There will probably be a few drunk clowns that comes along with any stadium event this day and age. Just ignore them and you should be ok. As for parking, we park by Lake Alice and always seem to find some good tailgates in the area.

There’s lots of parking going up 34th Street towards the stadium. Get as close as you can and get one of those bicycle taxis to get you the rest of the way there. It’s a lot of uphill on that road. Unless you’re being an ******* you’re not going to have any problem. Nobody is going to be throwing anything. Just be normal and you’ll be fine.

There’s lots of parking going up 34th Street towards the stadium. Get as close as you can and get one of those bicycle taxis to get you the rest of the way there. It’s a lot of uphill on that road. Unless you’re being an ******* you’re not going to have any problem. Nobody is going to be throwing anything. Just be normal and you’ll be fine.
Im super chill, my daughter and me are going. I heard all the horror stories about LSU fans and I thought they were amazing people.

VN Store

Back