Parking help first timer

I came up for the UConn game which was my first in years. Parked at the State St garage which was free. About a 20 minute walk but getting out is easy and you walk back through the downtown area which is nice to stop in a bar and watch other games.

If you get there early enough ..... Frat Row... Its a walk both ways...but its free and you get out fast after....

Ok we stayin at the hilton downtown jus tryna get a few suggestions.
If your staying at Hilton, walk I do it every week. Also, if you are staying at Hilton you can park free every weekend in State street Garage instead of paying Hilton to park your car. You just have to leave Garage on Saturday or Sunday to avoid the charge.

My detailed walking directions from downtown are in this thread…

Reactions: hardin_co85
I always park in the children’s hospital parking garage. It’s covered if it rains, it’s not a bad walk, and the money goes to a good cause. It’s like $15-$20, and you take a left at the Cookout on the strip, and then take a left at the 4 way stop, and it’s right there

All the municipal garages are free on weekends with the exception of Locust St. during game weekends. State St is free but so is Market Square and it's closer to the Hilton

You will get stuck for a long time leaving any parking garage. Just a warning.

People do not understand how to drive after a football game and will inconvenience hundreds of others just because they think they need to go a certain way, instead of just following traffic

Reactions: CPA and hardin_co85
You will get stuck for a long time leaving any parking garage. Just a warning.

People do not understand how to drive after a football game and will inconvenience hundreds of others just because they think they need to go a certain way, instead of just following traffic
Oh me im drivn 4 hours home after the game

VN Store

Back