Parking for the game tomorrow

andymuffins

Folks, I know there's LOTS of these posts every year. But it's been awhile since I've been to a game and need some help.

Can any of you provide some suggestions on decent parking that is not to far from the stadium but isn't too awful to get in and out of before/after the game? If you have an address or a photo of a pin on a map that would be ideal. And I DO NOT care about paying for parking. That's fine with me if it's convenient.

My friend and his wife are going who just had a baby so we'd like to limit the amount of walking and sitting in traffic she has to do. I KNOW it's a beast to park around Neyland but I just thought some of you would have some helpful advice.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure what those condo/ apartments are call just north of calhouns. But there are places there for around 20 I think. Pretty easy to get out after and a short walk down the greenway to get to the stadium. Sorry I forget the exact name of the place.

If you don't mind walking try the Children's Hospital garage on White Ave near 22nd (follow the people with the signs). $15 and the proceeds go to them so it's a good cause. It's about a 15-20 minute walk to the stadium.

Lot at the corner of 16th and Forest is where I parked earlier this season. It was $20 to guarantee not being blocked in or $10 if you didn't care if you were blocked in (I went the unblocked route). Figure the pricing will be the same this weekend.

Whole lot easier exit than parking in the middle of campus or anything (at least that I have found) south of Cumberland Ave. where road closures (or forced turns opposite of where you want to go) are everywhere.

It's an easy right turn onto 16th, one block up to Grand (take a left) and then a Right onto 17th and follow the signs to I-40.

Folks, I know there's LOTS of these posts every year. But it's been awhile since I've been to a game and need some help.

Can any of you provide some suggestions on decent parking that is not to far from the stadium but isn't too awful to get in and out of before/after the game? If you have an address or a photo of a pin on a map that would be ideal. And I DO NOT care about paying for parking. That's fine with me if it's convenient.

My friend and his wife are going who just had a baby so we'd like to limit the amount of walking and sitting in traffic she has to do. I KNOW it's a beast to park around Neyland but I just thought some of you would have some helpful advice.

Thanks in advance!
You can't limit both; if you park at the interstate there will be plenty of walking but no traffic; if you park at the stadium it's just the opposite.

Drive to Immaculate Conception downtown and pay $10 for parking from the LMU students. Walk to Market Square and pay $10 for a trolley ride that will let them out up the street from the stadium. Easy and no hassle.

Not sure what those condo/ apartments are call just north of calhouns. But there are places there for around 20 I think. Pretty easy to get out after and a short walk down the greenway to get to the stadium. Sorry I forget the exact name of the place.
The landings apartments.

Reactions: volfannbama
Do you ever wonder how many people just show up at random vacant lots and parking lots away from campus collecting money from people to park there but who have no connection to the property?!

I actually saw some business owner downtown run off a guy who was doing just that at a tiny parking lot behind an old building.

For years I’ve parked at the James White Fort. It’s right across from the Women’s Basketball Hall of fame. It’s $20, a short walk down the greenway to the stadium, and it’s one turn onto the highway...rarely any traffic until you hit I40. The walk back has a bit of an uphill, but I like it for the convenience of getting back to 40, and the pleasant walk by the Vol Navy each way. Even after a loss people are having fun.

VN Store

Back