Pardons?

The Daily Mail is reporting that representatives of Joe Exotic (The Tiger King guy) recently spent $10,000 at Trump's D.C. hotel as a means of lobbying him for a pardon. That's not showing much respect for Trump's integrity... but it will probably work.
He should have waited for Hunter. He has probably snorted a few million up his nose by now, or has fathered another child with a stripper, and could be had for $5,000.

The Daily Mail is reporting that representatives of Joe Exotic (The Tiger King guy) recently spent $10,000 at Trump's D.C. hotel as a means of lobbying him for a pardon. That's not showing much respect for Trump's integrity... but it will probably work.
Only 10k? That’s amateur hour. He needs to go big like Denise Rich did and fork over a million dollars.

On his way out the door is DJT gonna pardon the entire family, Bill Barr, Rudy G, himself? Should be an interesting 6 weeks

On his way out the door is DJT gonna pardon the entire family, Bill Barr, Rudy G, himself? Should be an interesting 6 weeks
Saw something on the news feed in my phone just now that the DOJ is investigating somebody associated with the White House that may be selling pardons. Might be more interesting than you think.

I keep hearing that but I don't quite understand the concept of a preemptive pardon for a charge that hasn't happened yet.

My second uncle is still doing time for that unfortunate incident on the eastern shore.

Saw something on the news feed in my phone just now that the DOJ is investigating somebody associated with the White House that may be selling pardons. Might be more interesting than you think.
I guess they can pardon the pardon selling them.

As unhinged as the Left is, Trump should look into anything and everything including pre-emptive pardons. The radical left will stop at nothing to punish their political opponents all the while spouting off BS about bringing the country together.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
As unhinged as the Left is, Trump should look into anything and everything including pre-emptive pardons. The radical left will stop at nothing to punish their political opponents all the while spouting off BS about bringing the country together.

Oh the irony as Trump called for locking up all of his political opponents throughout the entire campaign. Even enlisting the DOJ to try to make ObamaGate a thing... and came up empty handed just like the voter fraud charges.

Oh the irony as Trump called for locking up all of his political opponents throughout the entire campaign. Even enlisting the DOJ to try to make ObamaGate a thing... and came up empty handed just like the voter fraud charges.

“Called for” or suggested in in tweets with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek? Maybe the Left will try things like pushing made up collusion charges for years or promoting a fake impeachment. Wait...

I keep hearing that but I don't quite understand the concept of a preemptive pardon for a charge that hasn't happened yet.
from the Washington Post:
In Ex parte Garland , the Supreme Court settled the question of preemptive pardons. The justices in that 1866 case decided that while pardons could reach only past acts, the pardon “may be exercised at any time after [the act’s] commission, either before legal proceedings are taken or during their pendency or after conviction and judgment.”
Even before Garland, President Abraham Lincoln (among others) pardoned dozens of people — including alleged traitors — preemptively. More recently, President Jimmy Carter pardoned hundreds of thousands of Vietnam draft evaders, including those who had not been charged or convicted. And, most famously, President Gerald Ford pardoned President Richard Nixon, who had not yet been charged with anything.

Reactions: DJimgo
from the Washington Post:
In Ex parte Garland , the Supreme Court settled the question of preemptive pardons. The justices in that 1866 case decided that while pardons could reach only past acts, the pardon “may be exercised at any time after [the act’s] commission, either before legal proceedings are taken or during their pendency or after conviction and judgment.”
Even before Garland, President Abraham Lincoln (among others) pardoned dozens of people — including alleged traitors — preemptively. More recently, President Jimmy Carter pardoned hundreds of thousands of Vietnam draft evaders, including those who had not been charged or convicted. And, most famously, President Gerald Ford pardoned President Richard Nixon, who had not yet been charged with anything.

Interesting - Thank you, Sir.

“Called for” or suggested in in tweets with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek? Maybe the Left will try things like pushing made up collusion charges for years or promoting a fake impeachment. Wait...
I don't think Donald Trump's tongue was planted in his cheek during the July 25, 2019 recorded phone call with President Zelensky of the Ukraine, when he solicited Zelensky for assistance with investigating his most likely opponent in the 2020 Presidential election, Joe Biden. Trump has definitely viewed seeking criminal investigations and prosecutions as a way of settling scores with his political adversaries.

Obama/Biden probably still have a plant in there selling pardons.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Trumps a doosh so the Democrats should be too?
Is Trump really the standard you want to operate by?

The Supreme Court ruled long ago that a Presidential pardon is pretty much limitless. The wording of it even states after the commission but before being charged. So just know what you need to cover your ass for and pardon away.

Reactions: DJimgo
The Supreme Court ruled long ago that a Presidential pardon is pretty much limitless. The wording of it even states after the commission but before being charged. So just know what you need to cover your ass for and pardon away.

If he goes that route, it will interesting to see if they are subpeona'd as I'm seeing now the 5th amendment will no longer apply since one can't incriminate themselves after being pardoned,,, so they are obligated to talk.

VN Store

Back