Paranormal Experiences

landscapingvol

I am not sure if I believe in ghosts/spirits/hauntings/aliens etc. and I would like to hear if anyone has every experienced anything similar. My aunt passed away a few days ago and I had the chance to see some family members that I hadn't seen in a while. We got to chatting and my cousin reminded me of something that happened when I was a teenager that I had forgotten about. My grandfather was very close to my dad, brothers, and myself growing up as a kid. We kind of drifted apart as I became a teenager and I still regret that very much. He passed away one Summer when I had just turned 14. We all took it very hard, especially my dad. The night of his funeral around midnight I sat up in my bed because I could hear someone talking in the hallway leading to our bedrooms. I thought it was my dad talking to my brothers but when I walked into the hall no one was there so I went back to bed. I remembered distinctly what time it was because I could not go back to sleep. The next morning I drug myself to breakfast half asleep, everyone else looked half asleep as well. I just assumed it was because my parents were still grieving the loss of my grandfather. I didn't think much of it at the time but a few days later my mom asked me if I heard something strange around midnight the night my grandfather passed. I told her I could hear a voice or voices of a man in the hallway. I said I thought it was dad talking to my brothers. She explained to me that my father had never left the room and that she heard the voice as well. She said that my father sat up in bed after being asleep and was awoken by the same muffled voice. I learned days later that my brothers had heard the same voice even though they had separate bedrooms. I don't know what it was or if it was a ghost but I do know that it was a man's voice that sounded a lot like my father's during a very traumatic time. We didn't have tv's or radios in our bedrooms and the tv wasn't on in the living room. I don't know what it was or wasn't and have never had anything like that happen to me again. It is odd that it happened at exactly the same time to people in separate rooms with no knowledge of it prior to it occurring. Maybe it was a sign of comfort? Maybe it was our subconscious? I don't know

Depending on a # of factors, once you transition, you will 'land' in the realm or dimension that is suitable for your vibratory level. Some, perhaps like your GPa, choose or are required to remain close to the vibratory levels of this earthly plane of physical reality. Making their presence known isn't all that difficult once they learn how to drop their energetic state.

Some spirits (discarnates) actually still believe that they haven't died. Another possibility.

The question that your GPa has made evident is does his appearance help you understand the continuity of consciousness after death...or not.

Depending on a # of factors, once you transition, you will 'land' in the realm or dimension that is suitable for your vibratory level. Some, perhaps like your GPa, choose or are required to remain close to the vibratory levels of this earthly plane of physical reality. Making their presence known isn't all that difficult once they learn how to drop their energetic state.

Some spirits (discarnates) actually still believe that they haven't died. Another possibility.

The question that your GPa has made evident is does his appearance help you understand the continuity of consciousness after death...or not.
You’re my favorite new poster. Even if you’re just Braniac.

I believe things I see and I haven’t seen ghosts or the like but think it would be great to have a paranormal experience. Mind is kept open. I’m in Savannah and there’s plenty of places to be haunted.

Umm, you're not allowed here. You don't talk like us. Lol

I kid. Really good post. Welcome to Volnation.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I don't know what I believe but I don't believe that everyone who claims to have experienced something is making it up.

And they want to legalize pot.

I don't know what I believe...

Don't worry about what you believe, what you need to know will come in time. At the appropriate moment.

but I don't believe that everyone who claims to have experienced something is making it up.

They aren't. Truth is there.

Even if everyone (minus one) are frauds, one white crow means that not all crows are black. Yet, there are so many 'white crows', like you.

So many.

At about age 12 this happened to me. I had shut out the light and went to bed, the room was pitch black, couldn't see my hand in front of my face. I hadn't been in bed five minutes, probably less when I felt a presence in the room like when your back is to a door and you don't see or hear but you feel someone standing there looking at you. At the foot of my bed something drove, a knee I suppose, into the the mattress...hard. I laid there and thought what?!! No way that just happened, I surely imagined it but it seemed so real. Then it repeated but this time much harder. I gotta admit I froze...and thought the best thing was to ignore it, and did. Nothing further happened, there had been no recent passings in my family.

I was visiting my sister in New Orleans who happened to have an apartment in the French Quarter at the time. Her apartment was upstairs and you had to climb this old, floating, spiral, noisy, wooden staircase to get to there. Her front door opened up into the living room of the apartment. So there I am on the couch, it's late at night maybe 1:30 or 2am. I'm watching tv with the sound down fairly low to not wake up others who are sleeping. I then distinctly hear footsteps slowly but steadily coming up those stairs. I turn and stare at the front door literally waiting to hear a knock thinking it was the downstairs neighbor but nothing, no knocks, the door doesn't budge. I turn back to watch the tv and then a second later I hear footsteps clearly walking along the wooden floor from the door to the back of the couch directly where I'm sitting. I ignored it the whole way until it stopped behind me. I turned my head half expecting to see something but nothing was there and for whatever reason I said out loud to the air behind me, "I don't know who you are but you better back the ef off!"

I was visiting my sister in New Orleans who happened to have an apartment in the French Quarter at the time. Her apartment was upstairs and you had to climb this old, floating, spiral, noisy, wooden staircase to get to there. Her front door opened up into the living room of the apartment. So there I am on the couch, it's late at night maybe 1:30 or 2am. I'm watching tv with the sound down fairly low to not wake up others who are sleeping. I then distinctly hear footsteps slowly but steadily coming up those stairs. I turn and stare at the front door literally waiting to hear a knock thinking it was the downstairs neighbor but nothing, no knocks, the door doesn't budge. I turn back to watch the tv and then a second later I hear footsteps clearly walking along the wooden floor from the door to the back of the couch directly where I'm sitting. I ignored it the whole way until it stopped behind me. I turned my head half expecting to see something but nothing was there and for whatever reason I said out loud to the air behind me, "I don't know who you are but you better back the ef off!"

Shoulda demanded a sammich.

My grandma passed away several years ago in the late summer. Her favorite bird was the cardinal. She always said they reminded her of happiness as she could see their bright red color in the winter when all was bleak and dreary. A few weeks after she passed, I noticed a cardinal nest right outside one of our windows in a scraggly crepe myrtle. It seemed an odd place and time to nest (it was nearly September) but it was there. The bright red male was sitting on the nest rather than the more muted female. Odd. A couple days later it was gone. Not on the ground or abandoned, but completely gone. The really weird thing is every summer, it happens again and every summer it’s gone within a week or two. I like to think it’s a sign from her.

My niece was two or three at the time. She kept telling her mom she liked to play with Alex. She didn’t think much of it until she received several old family photos from her grandfather. In the stack was a photo of a man she didn’t know. My niece immediately pointed and said Alex! After asking around, we discovered that was her grandmother’s long dead uncle Alex who loved to play pranks on people. Eerie.

So, yes, I do believe in what you’re describing. I can’t explain it, but I do think it exists

I also had a similar experience years ago. Though I thought it was my aunt, because I had just moved next to the graveyard she was buried in. And living in the same apartment complex she lived.

I'm into the paranormal though. I was reading last night one of John Keel's books,'The Mothman Prophecies'. In the first chapter he brought up a place in Greenwich Village that was supposedly haunted and wrote this: "The phantom has been seen by several people in recent years. It is dressed in a long black cape and wears a wide-brimmed slouch hat pulled down over its eyes as it slinks from room to room.". With people thinking perhaps it was a spy from the revolutionary war who had been killed there.

But saying that it was strange that it wasn't reported there before, that is until after an author named Walter Gibson vacated the place. Gibson was a prolific author who wrote a bunch of books based on a character he made in the 1930's called 'The Shadow'. If you've ever read those novels, "The Shadow" was a character who was described as someone who hung around in dark alleys dressed in a cape and broad-brimmed slouched hat.

To which Keel wrote,"Why would a Shadow-like apparition suddenly appear in an old house? Could it be some kind of residue from Walter Gibson's very powerful mind? We do know that some people can move objects, even bend spoons and keys, with the power of their minds alone. Mental telepathy is now a tested and verified phenomenon. And about 10 percent of the population have the ability to see above and beyond the narrow spectrum of visible light. They can see radiations and even objects invisible to the rest of us. A very large part of the UFO lore is, in fact, based upon the observations of such people. What seems normal to them seems abnormal, even ridiculous, to the rest of us. People who see ghosts or the wandering Shadow have these abilities. They are peering at forms that are always there, always present around us like radio waves, and when certain conditions exist they can see these things. The Tibetans believe that advanced human minds can manipulate these invisible energies into visible forms called tulpas, or thought projections. Did Walter Gibson's intense concentration on his Shadow novels inadvertently bring a tulpa into existence? Readers of occult literature know there are innumerable cases of ghosts haunting a particular site year after year, century after century, carrying out the same mindless activities endlessly. Build a house on such a site and the ghost will leave locked doors ajar as it marches through to carry out its programed activity. Could these ghosts really be tulpas, residues of powerful minds like the phantom in the broad-brimmed hat?"

The mind is powerful. I think it often can leave some phantoms behind.

Reactions: RollerVol
One time, I went to the bathroom. I thought I had left quite a movement. There was remnants on my hind end, remnants on the toilet paper, but when I went to flush, there was nothing... nothing in the bowl...

It was horrific. I still refer to it as the "ghost poop"

One time, I went to the bathroom. I thought I had left quite a movement. There was remnants on my hind end, remnants on the toilet paper, but when I went to flush, there was nothing... nothing in the bowl...

It was horrific. I still refer to it as the "ghost poop"
I have never been more proud to call you my brother than I am right now.

Reactions: TN_Transplant
Ive never had a paranormal experience. Had a very close friend who could see demonic influences.

VN Store

Back