Paolo Banchero and Jabari Smith Jr at Tennessee?

XtennesseeX

Premium Member
Flipping back and forth between tonight's Tennessee game and the Orlando Magic game, the Magic broadcast just did a segment talking about how Banchero (#1 overall pick) and Jabari Smith Jr (#3 overall pick) were originally planning on committing to Tennessee to play for Rick Barnes prior to COVID.

Apparently, Paolo, Jabari, and Kennedy were all close friends and had a group chat together discussing playing together at Tennessee.

I'm sure those of you who follow recruiting closely remember or were aware of this - but as I wasn't, I want to cry at the thought of those two guys playing with Kennedy Chandler and company last season. I'll try to get video of the Orlando Magic segment.

Flipping back and forth between tonight's Tennessee game and the Orlando Magic game, the Magic broadcast just did a segment talking about how Banchero (#1 overall pick) and Jabari Smith Jr (#3 overall pick) were originally planning on committing to Tennessee to play for Rick Barnes prior to COVID.

Apparently, Paolo, Jabari, and Kennedy were all close friends and had a group chat together discussing playing together at Tennessee.

I'm sure those of you who follow recruiting closely remember or were aware of this - but as I wasn't, I want to cry at the thought of those two guys playing with Kennedy Chandler and company last season. I'll try to get video of the Orlando Magic segment.

True. They weren’t able to visit at the same time due to covid. Chandler had been on campus numerous times and was sold on TN. However, the other two weren’t able to visit (if they did it was only one visit) TN and elected to go elsewhere.

Apologies for the low quality video. But yes, pretty much as you stated. Would have been fun.

I’m just going to go ahead and say we won the tourney last year if it wasn’t for COVID and Duke & Auburn outpaying us.

I remember a significant amount of people here thought Paolo was a Vol until Duke came in super late ($$$) to swoop him up.

I don’t ever remember Jabari being a UT lean.

I remember a significant amount of people here thought Paolo was a Vol until Duke came in super late ($$$) to swoop him up.

I don’t ever remember Jabari being a UT lean.
He was. Him, Paolo, KC, and Harrison Ingram had all talked about coming to Tennessee as a group.

Jabari OVd to TN a week after Auburn.

Reactions: zjcvols

VN Store

Back