Packing of Supreme Court

Remember when Candidate Xiden accused Trump of creating a distraction of packing the court and never answered the question in one of the debates? Yeah, good times.

Reactions: GSD82
Remember when Candidate Xiden accused Trump of creating a distraction of packing the court and never answered the question in one of the debates? Yeah, good times.

Its clear that Biden does not think much of it. The base is provoking conversation about it just ot antagonize but its not going to happen.

That is the difference between the Biden presidency and the Trump presidency. Biden says "yeah, whatever" to their having a commission on it that no one will pay attention to, whereas Trump would embrace a similar thing by the loons in his party and just go with the "some people are saying" thing to deflect having to commit or adopt it himself.

Reactions: zeppelin128
Its clear that Biden does not think much of it. The base is provoking conversation about it just ot antagonize but its not going to happen.

That is the difference between the Biden presidency and the Trump presidency. Biden says "yeah, whatever" to their having a commission on it that no one will pay attention to, whereas Trump would embrace a similar thing by the loons in his party and just go with the "some people are saying" thing to deflect having to commit or adopt it himself.
Both have the same result. They both embrace the loons and give them time to speak. Move away from the idiots

Then they'll never win again. I think they will find out they need to change if they want to win
I hate to laugh at you, but just no. There will be another Republican President, maybe even in 2024. There will be another Republican controlled House and Senate, possibly in 2022. And the folks that vote them in to power are Trump Populists. Look at this board!

I hate to laugh at you, but just no. There will be another Republican President, maybe even in 2024. There will be another Republican controlled House and Senate, possibly in 2022. And the folks that vote them in to power are Trump Populists. Look at this board!

This is a football board for a Southern team/school. So its mostly white men in the South. That's a very small percentage of the American voting populace. This board shows us nothing about who will win

Both have the same result. They both embrace the loons and give them time to speak. Move away from the idiots

Great idea, but since media is now a business driving they absolutely cater to the loons on both sides. It's about the clicks.

So Xiden is creating the distraction now?

This is a football board for a Southern team/school. So its mostly white men in the South. That's a very small percentage of the American voting populace. This board shows us nothing about who will win
This board may not be indicative of the national climate, but I'm telling you from my short foray in politics that Republicans will absolutely regain power at some point. Either 2022, 2024, it will happen.

I'll take my chances. I am in my early 30s, I dont think republicans will be in that position again for the rest of my life, OR if they are, they will be a very different version of republican.

For one, they can't win popular votes and 2, Trump had that rare position of power and was appallingly bad, which is why Americans came out in droves to make sure we aren't in that position again. People aren't going to forget that
Lol so naïve and clueless and for the record I am not a Republican either, both parties are two sides of the same coin

The board does however reveal the ignorance and imbecilic stances of some of its posters, you would do well to realize that fact, it could only help you.

Great idea, but since media is now a business driving they absolutely cater to the loons on both sides. It's about the clicks.
It's the media following the lead. If Trump and Biden called the fringe a bunch of idiots, ignored them, and spent time on what the majority wanted then the media would likely follow.

I'll take my chances. I am in my early 30s, I dont think republicans will be in that position again for the rest of my life, OR if they are, they will be a very different version of republican.

For one, they can't win popular votes and 2, Trump had that rare position of power and was appallingly bad, which is why Americans came out in droves to make sure we aren't in that position again. People aren't going to forget that

Possibly the dumbest post of the day .. but it’s early and you still have time to top it .

It's the media following the lead. If Trump and Biden called the fringe a bunch of idiots, ignored them, and spent time on what the majority wanted then the media would likely follow.

Maaabye? And when I say "media" I mean FB/twitter/etc. It's literally better for business to keep things whipped up as much as possible. It's not even new...just expanded x1000 from when this was written and still growing.

Perhaps the impact can be lessened with what you propose but I don't see that genie going back in the bottle.

Maaabye? And when I say "media" I mean FB/twitter/etc. It's literally better for business to keep things whipped up as much as possible. It's not even new...just expanded x1000 from when this was written and still growing.

Perhaps the impact can be lessened with what you propose but I don't see that genie going back in the bottle.

Social media neediness becomes an echo chamber by design. It's how they keep users engaged. It's not even that they have to do it but the natural trail leads there. If algorithms are built on your interests then you're not going to be given competing points of view that may cause you to log out

It's why we need an actual media to start worrying about content not clicks. There are still some who do but not many

I don’t understand how somebody can believe this less than 6 months from the last election.

I guess I should clarify that “this” is your view that Democrats will be in power forever.

Social media neediness becomes an echo chamber by design. It's how they keep users engaged. It's not even that they have to do it but the natural trail leads there. If algorithms are built on your interests then you're not going to be given competing points of view that may cause you to log out

It's why we need an actual media to start worrying about content not clicks. There are still some who do but not many

Can't agree more.

This will fail if it even reaches the Senate. The Dems can't pass this via reconciliation and a simple majority. No way in hell are there 60 votes for this in the Senate. I seriously doubt there are even 50.

Hope you’re right Zep. Nothing would surprise me these days from the Dem side. That’s just where I’m at. I do believe if they succeed and if the R’s ever controlled the House/Senate/Oval office at the same time again, then they could likely pursue another round of court packing in response. Not in favor of anyone doing this.

This board may not be indicative of the national climate, but I'm telling you from my short foray in politics that Republicans will absolutely regain power at some point. Either 2022, 2024, it will happen.

Balance of power is a good thing. Usually takes several cycles though for one party to capture all three.

VN Store

Back