PAC-12 Championship (9:00 PM, FOX): Arizona v. Oregon II: This time it's personal!

I know everyone's been praising Rich Rod this season

- and I'm not taking anything away from that, 10 wins at AZ is huge...this is their third season, overall, in the program's history where the football team has won 10 or more games -

but it just seems like he really didn't plan that well for this one (or there was never a backup plan here for if the running game got shut down).

Out of the ones I can remember, I'd put this as his worst since the 2007 loss to Pitt.

Well at least the good news for the Wildcats is, that at this rate, it's looking like they won't have to say that Oregon held them under 200 yards of offense.

On another note, apparently Oregon's offense had 549 total yards of offense at the start of the 4th Quarter.

Arizona gave up only 446 in the last game between the two.

Mariota finishes the regular season with a 38-2 TD/INT ratio. Insane.

That's pretty impressive.

Looks like it's out of 334 attempts.

It looks like out of their total playcalling, they're throwing the ball on about 40% of the total plays they call (38% if just looking at Mariota).

Still, that's really impressive.

In terms of QB rating, the gap from Mariota's 190.2 to second place Garrett Grayson is greater than the gap from Grayson to Dak Prescott at 14th.

Also, Mariota's QB rating would rate as the highest since 2011 Russell Wilson. Good company.

I'd have to watch it again, but I remember his offensive game plan being absolutely horrendous.

Wasn't it that Pat White broke his hand or something and they couldn't/didn't throw it after? (I'm guessing the QB behind him didn't run the offense Rodriguez wanted well enough to be an option.)

That still wasn't as bad as what happened with Oregon and Dennis Dixon like two weeks prior that year. Wasn't it like the staff pretty much just took Dixon at his word that he was healthy/fine (they might not have even checked his knee in that week before the game)...and didn't even work the backup as a just in case?

Then like mid-first quarter his knee just gave out on him and he was done for the year (as were their championship aspirations).

And AZ finally topped 200 yards of offense!...or well they had, and then Scroggins got sacked and they went back below it to 199.

(but they got a garbage TD at end of regulation to put them at like 210-220)

Last edited:
Anybody think that MICH is going to try to go back & get RichRod?

On another note, apparently Oregon's offense had 549 total yards of offense at the start of the 4th Quarter.

Arizona gave up only 446 in the last game between the two.

First, Oregon's offense stunk up the first half something terrible. Second, that previous game against AZ was a really unique situation with Oregon starting a true freshman and a walk on on the offensive line in that game.

Haven't seen Mariota miss that many open receivers EVER. Just a horrible performance by Mariota in the first half.

Loved the Oregon defense!!

Anybody think that MICH is going to try to go back & get RichRod?

I know arizona got blew out in round two, but they still overachieved for zona. I mean 10-2 regular season is impressive. I bet there is a faction of Michigan folks that are bemoaning how they treated him now. Especially if this hire is a bust again.

I know arizona got blew out in round two, but they still overachieved for zona. I mean 10-2 regular season is impressive. I bet there is a faction of Michigan folks that are bemoaning how they treated him now. Especially if this hire is a bust again.

Michigan fans had a bad case of Lloyd Carr love when Richrod showed up. He was just too "different" for them. Now they've got to adjust and accept that perhaps college football is changing and they need to adapt. I'll be curious to see who they bring in.

Also, we'll see if Richrod is a flash in the pan at AZ. He's living off of transfers and JCs a lot right now and that's not good for "long term" football program development.

VN Store

Back