'22 PA WR Kevin Thomas

“Track helps me a lot on the football field. It helps with my speed and agility, and keeps me ready for football,” Thomas told Volquest. “I didn’t really view track as an option for college, but now I’m considering it a little bit.”

“I received three offers that day. First it was Arizona State and then Texas A&M and Tennessee offered within five minutes of each other,” Thomas reflected. “It was crazy – I obviously wasn’t expecting three in one day.

“My coach told me he just got off the phone with coach O [Joe Osovet] and that they wanted to offer me,” Thomas said of UT. “That night after practice, I called Tennessee back first. Coach O said they liked my film and offered me a scholarship.

“Tennessee likes my speed and my size. I’m being recruited as a wide receiver, but they said I could also be a good fit at defensive back in their system. But, they are viewing me as a wide receiver right now.”

“Right now, I’m planning to commit before my senior season, but I’ll need to take visits first to see everything,” Thomas concluded. “Tennessee wants me to come and visit and I plan to when everything begins to open back up.”
e.cain

VN Store

Back