'22 PA RB Nicholas Singleton

His speed jumps off the screen. And the little cornerback at the bottom of the screen at 3:26 didn't want any part of that train coming at him. LOLOLOL!!!

The ongoing dead period for recruiting hasn’t prevented Nicholas Singleton from adding to the list of major programs already pursuing him. A half-dozen schools have extended scholarship offers to him since the NCAA shut down all recruiting visits last month because of the COVID-19 pandemic. He was pleasantly surprised that one of the latest came from Tennessee.

The four-star Class of 2022 running back from Governor Mifflin High School in Shillington, Pa., said he was “really excited” to get an offer from the Vols last week, and he’s already hoping to visit them in the not-too-distant future. The 6-foot, 205 pound Singleton said first-year Tennessee tight ends coach Joe Osovet informed him of the offer on Wednesday.

“He offered me because the coaching staff liked my film and everyone spoke very highly about me, and he liked my speed and my explosion,” said Singleton, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 84 overall prospect and No. 8 running back in the 2022 class. Singleton, who now holds early offers from at least 25 schools, said Osovet had followed him on Twitter “a few weeks ago.” But he said last week was his “first time talking to” Osovet and the Vols.

While Singleton isn’t all that familiar with Tennessee at this point, he said he’s looking forward to finding out more about the Vols and traveling to Knoxville in the coming months. “All I know is that it’s in the SEC,” he said. “But I just can’t wait to get down there to learn more about the school and meet all the coaches.”

Despite being only a rising sophomore at the time, he earned an invitation last year to The Opening Finals in Frisco, Texas, where he was timed at 4.59 seconds in the 40-yard dash and 4.08 seconds in the agility shuttle. He posted a 36.4-inch vertical jump at the same event.

Singleton said he “didn’t have a favorite team growing up,” and he’s currently keeping an open mind about his growing list of college choices. USC, Michigan State, Vanderbilt and Northwestern have joined Tennessee and Arizona State in giving him offers since mid-March. He also has received offers from Penn State, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State and South Carolina, among others.

"All the coaches have been great at all the schools,” Singleton said. “Just trying to take everything in and appreciate every offer. Just look for the school that fits and (has good) academics."

In addition to learning more about the academics at each school, he said he’s “just trying to build relationships” with the coaches who have been in contact with him. Singleton said he’s hoping to find "the college wanting me as much as I want them.”

VN Store

Back