‘23 PA CB Shawn Battle

I wonder if he is related to Julian Battle. Wasn’t he a CB for us back in the late 90s or early 2000s?

Defensive back Shawn Battle is an impressive prospect and should be one of the more coveted defensive backs in the 2023 class. The Philadelphia (Pa.) Neumann-Goretti stand out says a few schools have already made strong impressions but he isn't in a rush to make a decision.

"Penn State, Tennessee, and West Virginiaare doing well so far," Battle said. "Arizona State and Michigan could be close to offering. "Penn State treats me like family," he said. "They're always checking in on me and they're doing well with that. I talk to the head coach, defensive coordinator, and a few of the other coaches. I really liked them. They're like my coach.

"I love Tennessee's defense," said Battle. "I watched when they played Alabama and I liked their defense. I talked to their defensive coordinator and that went well. He liked how I lock up receivers and how I could play one-on-one the whole game.

"I know Tykee Smith and a couple of the other guys from Philly that went to West Virginia," he said. "I watched them and I like their defense. It's really good. I talked to their defensive backs coach and he seemed really good. He's come up here a few times too."

RIVALS' REACTION...
There is a lot to like about Battle's game and what he could turn into. He already has impressive size for a young prospect and plays with the strength of a much older prospect. Penn State, West Virginia, and Tennessee have all gained a foothold in his recruitment but visits will play a major role. There's plenty of time for Battle's recruitment to really come into focus so watch for which schools he visits and once the recruiting dead period is over.

- Rivals

VN Store

Back