'21 PA ATH Tyreek Chappel

“Everything went well,” said Chappell, who holds offers from more than 20 schools. “The coaches there showed a lot of love. The campus was big. I really liked the school. “I kind of thought it would be like that because of how big of a school it is, so my expectations were already high.”

The 5-foot-11, 177-pound Chappell said Tennessee, Penn State, Michigan, Texas A&M, West Virginia, Ole Miss and Kentucky are the schools currently at the top of his list, and he’s now hoping to take an official visit to Tennessee “sometime in June.”

“They want me to come in,” he said. “They said, if I commit, I could come in and start at corner and how I could be a big impact for the team. “They say I’m explosive and physical at the line, and I’ve got good technique and I’m fast.”

"I'm trying to commit before my first game,” Chappell said, “so, like, sometime in August.”

With a July 4th announcement on tap he wasn’t ready to reveal which of his suitors is the victor, but he did highlight the trio of schools he ultimately chose between.

“My top three is Michigan, Tennessee, and Texas A&M,” Chappell said.

“I have made up my mind,” Chappell told The Michigan Insider. “(The most significant factors were) my family, campus, weather, academic wise, and the best fit for me. And make sure I’m comfortable. That’s what really made my decision.”

“I think (with) Tennessee, I didn’t really like the apartments. That’s why I haven’t really been talking to them lately… because I didn’t like the apartments. But I love Coach (Derrick) Ansley and Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt’s relationship with me.”

He left out this from the article... Rusty trying to get our hopes us.

Sounds like A&M. But it isn't us.

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose

VN Store

Back