Outback bowl vs. Minnesota?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Florida to Orange, Bammer to Citrus, Barn to Gater, and Tennessee to Outback?

The problem there is that, even though bowls 3-8 are interchangeable to an extent, there is at least a bit of a hierarchy. The Outback Bowl is a better bowl than the Gator, Auburn is a better team than we are, Auburn will rather go to the Outback, the Outback will probably rather have Auburn than us, the SEC will want to reward the team that had the better year with the better bowl... I'm just not seeing any constituency (other than us), who'd rather have us in the Outback Bowl than Auburn.

Why would UT be interested in playing the Vikings in a bowl game? The idea is great but the Vols would be outmatched at almost every position IMHO. Wait, what?....oh, my bad :eek:

I would think bowls might not be too happy with getting Bama given that their fanbase will likely view any non CFP game as beneath them. I'm wondering how many Bammers will travel to a bowl this year.

Minnesota's record is somewhat skewed because they had some crazy streak of playing teams missing their most experienced/starting QB. They didn't play against an experienced/first team QB until the 7th game.

I have looked at the predictions of 4-5 different "experts" and after finding Tennessee in a different game against a different team for every one of them, I decided to just wait it out and not worry about it.

No cussing and discussing for you?

OK...............I'm tired of reading all you UT fans knocking somebody else's schedule especially MN. Who the @#$% did Tennessee beat? NOBODY! Who beat them? Some very bad teams! You beat a bunch of hacks and UT fans think they're significant now?!?!?!?!? Granted at least you beat the crappy teams because it's been years since you've even done that? Get over yourself! MN beats UT by 10 or more.

Reactions: Patton2018
OK...............I'm tired of reading all you UT fans knocking somebody else's schedule especially MN. Who the @#$% did Tennessee beat? NOBODY! Who beat them? Some very bad teams! You beat a bunch of hacks and UT fans think they're significant now?!?!?!?!? Granted at least you beat the crappy teams because it's been years since you've even done that? Get over yourself! MN beats UT by 10 or more.
Hahahahaha

giphy.gif

"all you UT fans" lmao yet you post here loser....Tennessee's schedule was 10 times tougher than the big dumb slow Minnesota gophers...this isnt hockey and Tennessee will beat them if they play them... The Big Slow conference is always our fun bowl games

Reactions: onevol74
So bama in the Cotton.
Very unlikely IMO. Not only would they have to move ahead of Auburn, they would have to jump a couple of other teams ranked ahead of them Biggest problem I see is the loser of the Big-12 championship game. Hard to see the committee moving #12 Bama ahead of the either OK or Baylor. Maybe if one of them wins by a very large margin.

Very unlikely IMO. Not only would they have to move ahead of Auburn, they would have to jump a couple of other teams ranked ahead of them Biggest problem I see is the loser of the Big-12 championship game. Hard to see the committee moving #12 Bama ahead of the either OK or Baylor. Maybe if one of them wins by a very large margin.

Oh I agree, I was being sarcastic.

Why especially mn? Are you from there? Is that your favorite team?

Wouldn’t the loser of the Big 12 game likely take the conference’s tie-in spot in the Sugar Bowl?

Look Nancy, your conference peeps come on here every time we play one of your teams and talk trash. Just ask the last three BIG teams we played in our last 3 bowls, Iowa, Northwestern, and Nebraska. All came in and talked trash, then left quietly, like their teams. So go ahead and get all of your hubbub out now, because we won't hear from you later.

Depends on if Oklahoma or Utah is the 4th playoff team

Hard to predict how any team will perform in a lower tier bowl so I’d rather play a “name” school. Losing to Michigan is fine, a loss to Minnesota is harder to spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back