Out of these undecided young women...

I have no idea which are hopeful, doubtful, indifferent, but these (except for Miss Clark, a personal favorite) have received considerable chatter.
No. 5 - Kamilla Cardosa: No. 1 Post Prospect; plays right down the road. Obviously, having her with Key and Saunders could be a formidable inside game.
No. 6 - Angel Reese: Has us listed in her top-5, visit scheduled for September. Snatching her away from home state, Maryland, is a lot to ask.
No. 7 - Caitlin Clark: *Based only on videos.* Her incredible range and variety of shots; her ambidextrous ability to drive the lane; her court vision/passing ability. A tremendous prospect!
No. 14 - Treasure Hunt: Like Miss Cardosa, another great player located in East Tennessee.
No. 33 - Sakima Walker - Jordan Horston's high school teammate; supposedly interested.
No. 36 - Elauna Eaton - Haven't seen her.
No. 57 - Madison Hayes: Her accomplishments suggests she should be rated higher.

I have no idea which are hopeful, doubtful, indifferent, but these (except for Miss Clark, a personal favorite) have received considerable chatter.
No. 5 - Kamilla Cardosa: No. 1 Post Prospect; plays right down the road. Obviously, having her with Key and Saunders could be a formidable inside game.
No. 6 - Angel Reese: Has us listed in her top-5, visit scheduled for September. Snatching her away from home state, Maryland, is a lot to ask.
No. 7 - Caitlin Clark: *Based only on videos.* Her incredible range and variety of shots; her ambidextrous ability to drive the lane; her court vision/passing ability. A tremendous prospect!
No. 14 - Treasure Hunt: Like Miss Cardosa, another great player located in East Tennessee.
No. 33 - Sakima Walker - Jordan Horston's high school teammate; supposedly interested.
No. 57 - Madison Hayes: Her accomplishments suggests she should be rated higher.

3 of these girls play right here in Chattanooga. Kamilla, Treasure & Madison.
Not too shabby.

Found this post on BY in the Sedona Prince thread:

Sluconn Husky
Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Geew1992 said:
How many scholarships do they have?? Does that mean Van Lith and Clark go elsewhere?? And how much playing time is there?

They already have five players in the '20 class. HVL and Clark have been favored to end up at Baylor and Notre Dame for a while now.

Take it for what it is worth.

Reactions: krichunaka
Found this post on BY in the Sedona Prince thread:

Take it for what it is worth.

Thank you very much!
Though far from an insider, I’d seen very similar snippets, particularly regarding those two impressive point guards.
I’m confused as to which team (“they”) is being referenced in the boneyard post?
Surely not the Lady Vols.

Thank you very much!
Though far from an insider, I’d seen very similar snippets, particularly regarding those two impressive point guards.
I’m confused as to which team (“they”) is being referenced in the boneyard post?
"They" is in reference to Oregon.

Do you have a preference amongst these in-staters, based on personal preference, or team priority?
Would you choose another player over any one of them?
I don’t mean to be coy; just trying to learn.
I’m always a fan of bigs, because you can’t teach height so I’m guessing Kamilla would be my first choice.

Thank you very much!
The rumors (yes, rumors) are Van Lith to Baylor and Clark to Muffie McMuffin.

I haven't followed Clark:s recruitment but I have kept an eye on HVL. Van Lith and her father have been tight lipped and playing their cards close to the vest. I've seen it rumored (there's that word again) on a couple of sites that Van Lith is a silent Baylor commit but the majority of opinion is that HVL is Oregon State's recruit to lose.

Last edited:
Reactions: krichunaka
I’m always a fan of bigs, because you can’t teach height so I’m guessing Kamilla would be my first choice.

Thank you. I like your logic.
And, I agree, both for your primary “can’t teach height” reason; and for the enormous variety of near-future (‘20, and ‘21) recruiting options she (Cardoso) provides.
IF signed.
We’re at a roster of twelve, reduced to ten with the impending graduations of six-threes, Lou Brown and Kamera Harris. And, while I fully expect the two, six-five freshmen - Emily Saunders and Tamari Key, to fill in admirably, and that Miss McCoy will be a very pleasant surprise, Kamilla Cardoso appears a potential future All-American. Signing her practically insures a very deep and solid post game for several seasons. And, if those rumors are true - that 2021’s Miss DeBerry is essentially committed to a school up north, Cardoso would provide a very effective counter punch.
So many IFs, however, the Wing/Forward recruits - Reese, Westbeld, Puckett, etc., could be assured that they, and possibly Saunders, could extend their games toward the arc; the way Coach Harper likes to play.
Just dreaming out loud.

I always thought Cardoso was headed to Mississippi State, but I'm not so sure anymore after the decommitment of Esmery Martinez. Vic missed out on Maori Davenport and didn't get a big in 2019, so I'd guess he's pushing hard for Kamilla.

I do know she took a visit to Starkville right after the Final Four, though I'm not sure if it was one of her officials or just an unofficial. I also know she has been to Louisville. Outside of that, her recruiting has also been extremely tight-lipped as well. Very minimal info out there on her. UConn is also in on her.

He is also recruiting Hayes and Hunt, but not sure where they stand with those two.

I always thought Cardoso was headed to Mississippi State, but I'm not so sure anymore after the decommitment of Esmery Martinez. Vic missed out on Maori Davenport and didn't get a big in 2019, so I'd guess he's pushing hard for Kamilla.

I do know she took a visit to Starkville right after the Final Four, though I'm not sure if it was one of her officials or just an unofficial. I also know she has been to Louisville. Outside of that, her recruiting has also been extremely tight-lipped as well. Very minimal info out there on her. UConn is also in on her.

He is also recruiting Hayes and Hunt, but not sure where they stand with those two.

MSST doesn't need Cardosa. Their post rotation is set for the next three years. They will probably need posts from the class after Cardoso. My guess is that they will go for an elite SG/W for their remaining open scholarship.

MSST doesn't need Cardosa. Their post rotation is set for the next three years. They will probably need posts from the class after Cardoso. My guess is that they will go for an elite SG/W for their remaining open scholarship.
They have more than one open. Probably a big and a wing.

They have more than one open. Probably a big and a wing.

Yeah, you're right. I forgot they gained another scholarship when Martinez transferred.

I still think they go for the big in '21. It might be hard to get a top big to sit on the bench behind Carter, Taylor and Cooks for 2 years.

I really hope we can get one of the in-state girls. The state of Tennessee produces a lot of really good WBB talent, so I hope Kellie makes it a priority to keep it home.

Houston HS grad Jayla Hemingway is playing a huge role for MSST in Italy, and has been one of their key players even though just a freshman. I don't think we recruited her as hard as some other schools (MSST, Arky, UK), but she is talented.

VN Store

Back