OUR VERY OWN CANDACE PARKER !!

I understand she’s done more than usual, but there were other players in both the top ten in steals and blocks , and those stats also can turn into points. I think this award was more about respect than earned, since none of her peers though she was worthy..just my pov

Defense is about more than blocking shots and getting steals. How good is a player at keeping the player she is guarding in front of her, or keeping that player from doing the things she is attempting to do like denying passes (as Amb3096 said), beating them to a spot and keeping them from driving to the basket. It is possible to lead the league in blocked shots and be just a fair defensive player and sometimes a teammate's defense can cause another player to get a steal because that teammate caused a bad pass. Just saying. I don't know how good Parker's overall defense is.

So true, defense is more than steals and blocked shots, but probably more than rebounds. But I’m not on the AP board of writers (If they really know half of the WNBA players) or a committee of actual WNBA players who actually plays against her.

VN Store

Back