Our QB room will be the best in the SEC

Only completions matter. According to the 2 fan boys and only when it suit thier argument...obviously they dont understand what jump balls are meant to accomplish and how much of that is in the WR....or anything really!
If you don't understand what giving your big physical receivers a chance to catch the ball means then not sure really what you are saying. As for the completion thing, are you saying that throwing an uncatchable ball is better than throwing one your own guy can catch because that's the exact matrix that Maurer is one of the league leaders at throwing.

The DB fell down on the play is the only reason the WR was open, it had nothing to do with where Maurer threw the ball.
You’re out of your mind. The db fell down BECAUSE of where Maurer placed the ball. Which IS, by definition, THROWING YOUR RECEIVER OPEN

Your response and invalid definition of "throwing a receiver open and" is the reason I think you're less intelligent than I thought. Throwing a receiver Open is putting the ball in a position where only the wide receiver can get it. In that example that he showed you even though the Defender fell down the ball was thrown in the only spot where the wide Could have caught it. Even with a defender draped all over him the receiver still would have caught the ball thus being thrown open.

At least 10 throws on this video alone of JG throwing WRs open.

He is a joke. Without a doubt.

I offered him two fifty yard line seats to the Vandy game if he could find me five highlights of J'arette leading receivers on deep throws. He tried and couldn't find five. In J'arette's whole career, not even five.

lmao
That’s what funny. There are SOOOOOO many people he could target that feel that way about JG. Instead he targets me because I defend Maurer against his ludicrous claims yet I actually support JG. I don’t feel he has near the upside of Maurer but I will admit in SOME ways he’s better for the team right now in terms of experience. That being said by riding with him for one more season only gets UT to another bowl similar to this one for 2020. Where as if we went with a younger guy with a higher ceiling we could be essentially trading possibly 2 SEC championships (2021-2022) for another gator bowl appearance in 2020. Should be no question why I defend BM. I’m thinking in terms of the future vs the now.

That’s what funny. There are SOOOOOO many people he could target that feel that way about JG. Instead he targets me because I defend Maurer against his ludicrous claims yet I actually support JG. I don’t feel he has near the upside of Maurer but I will admit in SOME ways he’s better for the team right now in terms of experience. That being said by riding with him for one more season only gets UT to another bowl similar to this one for 2020. Where as if we went with a younger guy with a higher ceiling we could be essentially trading possibly 2 SEC championships (2021-2022) for another gator bowl appearance in 2020. Should be no question why I defend BM. I’m thinking in terms of the future vs the now.
I believe we'll compete for championships too in '21 and '22 only I believe it will be with someone other than Maurer at QB. You take that feeling as a knock on Maurer but there is nothing in that statement as to his talents or lack of. I'd also predict we go a bit higher than the Gator bowl with JG/HB in '20. You seem to think we can't win without BM and I contend we'll never win with him because I don't think he'll ever be the starting QB at UT unless of injury/transfer to JG/HB. Once again, nothing in that statement is a knock on BMs talents or lack thereof, it is my opinion that he's simply at the right place at the wrong time.

So now it’s a thing as long as JG did it too? You’re a joke
Yes it's a thing because every single matrix tells us JG does it more often and at a more successful rate than that of our Fr sensation. He is better at it on throws between the hashes, throws down the field and long throws, throws that produce 1st downs, throws that produce TDs, in every single one of those stats he compares favorably in the top 4-6 of the league while our Fr sensation is ranked alongside the bottom half. JG was our best option at QB this year, he's our best option at QB and who we'll gameplan around for the bowl game and he'll likely be our best option starting out the season next year. The only question to debate now is who is number 2 and pushing for playing time, I believe it will be Bailey, I'm not sure who you believe it will be.

I believe we'll compete for championships too in '21 and '22 only I believe it will be with someone other than Maurer at QB. You take that feeling as a knock on Maurer but there is nothing in that statement as to his talents or lack of. I'd also predict we go a bit higher than the Gator bowl with JG/HB in '20. You seem to think we can't win without BM and I contend we'll never win with him because I don't think he'll ever be the starting QB at UT unless of injury/transfer to JG/HB. Once again, nothing in that statement is a knock on BMs talents or lack thereof, it is my opinion that he's simply at the right place at the wrong time.
Now I can respect that opinion. This board is based on sharing such opinions. It’s not that I think UT can’t win without him. I know they can. They have. They could’ve won without Dobbs or manning as well with the right personnel and coach. It’s just my opinion differs from yours as to BMs future value. It’s nearly impossible to think that UT can keep both Maurer and Bailey as they are too close in class and too good to sit. I’m sure Pruitt knows this as well which gives him a choice to make and we can only hope he makes the right one because we’ll almost certainly face the odd man out at some point if not every year and BM is the more dangerous qb to face when it comes to overall skill set

You’re out of your mind. The db fell down BECAUSE of where Maurer placed the ball. Which IS, by definition, THROWING YOUR RECEIVER OPEN
1st I've ever heard of that, a defender falling down because of where the ball was thrown, if you don't mind I'll probably never use that side of an argument.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Yes it's a thing because every single matrix tells us JG does it more often and at a more successful rate than that of our Fr sensation. He is better at it on throws between the hashes, throws down the field and long throws, throws that produce 1st downs, throws that produce TDs, in every single one of those stats he compares favorably in the top 4-6 of the league while our Fr sensation is ranked alongside the bottom half. JG was our best option at QB this year, he's our best option at QB and who we'll gameplan around for the bowl game and he'll likely be our best option starting out the season next year. The only question to debate now is who is number 2 and pushing for playing time, I believe it will be Bailey, I'm not sure who you believe it will be.
But it wasn’t a thing until you found video of JG doing the same thing. I haven’t watched the video so maybe he did. Not debating that. I’m calling you out on saying it wasn’t a real thing beforehand. Remember? “A receiver either gets separation or he doesn’t”. Your words

Reactions: Big Al Orange
1st I've ever heard of that, a defender falling down because of where the ball was thrown, if you don't mind I'll probably never use that side of an argument.
That’s fine. From today’s conversation, if I were you, I’d refrain from talking anything qb tbh. You’ve made a fool of yourself more than once now.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Terrible take I feel and probably the worst thing this staff could do as it would probably upset the locker room quite a bit. JG has earned his stripes, both Pruitt and JG have basically laughed at the idea of him transferring, not sure why folks are still harping on it.
Because some folks arent real bright.

JG wont be a Heisman contender next season but will be much improved in his 2nd season with Chaney.

VN Store

Back