Our QB and RBs have to be smiling so big ...

Call it battered Vol Syndrome or whatever, but I just can't help thinking this would be great if UT had an established QB who was reliable and established Wide Receivers. Don't get me wrong Eric Gray was insanely impressive and with this line UT could very well lead the SEC on the ground. But you can't be one dimensional.

This is a legitimate SEC line, with the schedule I think competing for the east is possible in 2020 (UF at home, UA after a bye, and UGaly in November aka Volvember). Just really don't know about the passing game...

Harrison Bailey won't get much Trey Smith time if he is redshirted, which could happen.

It's been my opinion for awhile that Bailey redshirts. I think he'll play 4 games to get some experience and then shut it down. If he is the real deal, then I'll be pleasantly surprised. But I just can't see a true freshmen starting here next year. It doesn't happen many places often.

It's been a LONG time since that has happened at QB for Tennessee. I'm talking starting an entire season and being the guy. Not playing a handful of series as a true freshmen .

Reactions: ptcarter
Agreed. This line is going to give JG so much time to throw next season. Let's hope he can capitalize on it.

Hopefully it will be JG thinking about it from the sidelines as Bailey stepped up and won the starting role. JG does not do well with extra time. The longer he has to think about it, the worse he does - because it is not that he lacks talent or grit, just the mental game.

He'll now have a complete 15 seconds to carefully analyze which Defensive Back to throw to.
The way some of you people act, you would think he threw more interceptions than completions. I think you actually look at his results rather than simply bash indiscriminately. Inconsistent, most definitely, Randy Sanders bad Attempt to INT ratio (10.9%), not even close. Just a fraction over 2% of his attempts are intercepted. As a comparison, Brian Maurer is at 6.7%; Tee Martin was at 2.7%; and even Peyton Manning was at 2.4%. Give it a rest.

The way some of you people act, you would think he threw more interceptions than completions. I think you actually look at his results rather than simply bash indiscriminately. Inconsistent, most definitely, Randy Sanders bad Attempt to INT ratio (10.9%), not even close. Just a fraction over 2% of his attempts are intercepted. As a comparison, Brian Maurer is at 6.7%; Tee Martin was at 2.7%; and even Peyton Manning was at 2.4%. Give it a rest.

I was making a harmless joke. I know he hasn't thrown that many interceptions.

I'm actually one of the few JG supporters on this board. Most people have a severe disdain for him and have already crowned Bailey. He's clearly not an elite QB but I do appreciate and admire what JG managed to do against adversity last season after a rough start. I also think, IMO, he will be the starter next year too. Again, a minority opinion.

I was making a harmless joke. I know he hasn't thrown that many interceptions.

I'm actually one of the few JG supporters on this board. Most people have a severe disdain for him and have already crowned Bailey. He's clearly not an elite QB but I do appreciate and admire what JG managed to do against adversity last season after a rough start. I also think, IMO, he will be the starter next year too. Again, a minority opinion.
To be honest, the quote was aimed at the normal haters, yours just happened to be the lucky post to be picked for quote. Nothing personal, just get tired of the same old stuff in every post. I would hate to see how some on this site would react if their every second was ridiculed by anonymous posters.

I agree with the fact that if JG returns, he will be the starter as long as he shows improvement in year two with the same OC. It would be nice for HB to get a red shirt year.

Reactions: bigdaddyh
Call it battered Vol Syndrome or whatever, but I just can't help thinking this would be great if UT had an established QB who was reliable and established Wide Receivers. Don't get me wrong Eric Gray was insanely impressive and with this line UT could very well lead the SEC on the ground. But you can't be one dimensional.

This is a legitimate SEC line, with the schedule I think competing for the east is possible in 2020 (UF at home, UA after a bye, and UGaly in November aka Volvember). Just really don't know about the passing game...

I really like the fact we get UGA late next year. I'm hoping with all the new parts on offense that the defense, who will still be great, is beat the hell up from carrying the offense by the time we play them in November.

I really like the fact we get UGA late next year. I'm hoping with all the new parts on offense that the defense, who will still be great, is beat the hell up from carrying the offense by the time we play them in November.

Georgia has Florida, @SCar, prior to playing us and at Kentucky the following week. They will have already played Virginia, Alabama, Auburn and of course Florida. If they have 2 or more losses prior to playing us they could be discombobulated with "not winning National Championship or going to CFPs again!"

Last edited:
Reactions: tbh
Dont want JG as starting QB......PLEASE MAKE IT STOP! Even with this line he will not ever be up to standards

Reactions: dgrind65
Move Crouch to Fullback and run the I formation.

Revolving Door for these guys:

3Eric GrayRBFr.5-10195Memphis, Tenn.Lausanne Collegiate School
8Ty ChandlerRBJr.5-11201Nashville, Tenn.Montgomery Bell Academy
9Tim JordanRBJr.5-11203Bartow, Fla.Bartow
27Carlin Fils-aimeRBSr.5-11180Naples, Fla.Naples
28James ChristianRBR-Jr.5-8204Booneville, Miss.Booneville
40Fred OrrRBFr.5-11200Clarksville, Tenn.Rossview
42Chip OmerRBR-Jr.6-0204Nashville, Tenn.Christ Presbyterian Academy
46Cameron MillerRBR-Fr.5-10206Knoxville, Tenn.Bearden

65 Carries per game...

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
It's been my opinion for awhile that Bailey redshirts. I think he'll play 4 games to get some experience and then shut it down. If he is the real deal, then I'll be pleasantly surprised. But I just can't see a true freshmen starting here next year. It doesn't happen many places often.

It's been a LONG time since that has happened at QB for Tennessee. I'm talking starting an entire season and being the guy. Not playing a handful of series as a true freshmen .
I don’t know what they are going to do with him. But I believe a freshman can be successful. I was trying to think of our very good QB’s over the last 30 years and there were only two that I could remember that didn’t get significant playing time as a freshman - Heath Shuler and Tee Martin.

Reactions: tbones0711

VN Store

Back