Our next AD...

BigOrangeArsenal

BLEED ORANGE!
Listening to Swain this morning, I have no doubt that former UT long snapper & current UAB AD Mark Ingram should be the front-runner to replace Coach Fulmer when he hangs it up. What AD Ingram has done to rebuild the UAB football program after it was shut down in December 2014 is nothing short of miraculous (raised money to restart program and to build $22.5M practice facility + 6-1 this season)! I'll be honest, I've never heard him speak before, but wow he impressed--very sharp, methodical, player-focused, and has a clear end-in-mind. Kudos to him and good luck to UAB!

I encourage you all to listen--here's a link to the Swain Event podcast: UAB Athletic Director Mark Ingram

P.S. thanks Swain!

Last edited:
Listening to Swain this morning, I have no doubt that former UT long snapper & current UAB AD Mark Ingram should be the front-runner to replace Coach Fulmer when he hangs it up. What AD Ingram has done to rebuild the UAB football program after it was shut down in December 2014 is nothing short of miraculous (raised money to restart program and to build $22.5M practice facility + 6-1 this season)! I'll be honest, I've never heard of him speak before, but wow he impressed--very sharp, methodical, player-focused, and has a clear end-in-mind. Kudos to him and good luck to UAB!

I encourage you all to listen--here's a link to the Swain Event podcast: UAB Athletic Director Mark Ingram

P.S. thanks Swain!
Mark Ingram would be a great future Tennessee AD

After what was done to Blackburn during the search to replace Hart, I'll have to scrutinize those who will be making the search & hiring decisions before wishing candidacy upon any VFLs whom I admire.
I agree not who we’ll get but who i want

I'm a bit concerned that Blackburn was associate AD when Hamilton made the flurry of mistakes he did (that we are still paying for--quite literally). I would rather start fresh with wildly successful AD and former Vol Mark Ingram.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Listening to Swain this morning, I have no doubt that former UT long snapper & current UAB AD Mark Ingram should be the front-runner to replace Coach Fulmer when he hangs it up. What AD Ingram has done to rebuild the UAB football program after it was shut down in December 2014 is nothing short of miraculous (raised money to restart program and to build $22.5M practice facility + 6-1 this season)! I'll be honest, I've never heard him speak before, but wow he impressed--very sharp, methodical, player-focused, and has a clear end-in-mind. Kudos to him and good luck to UAB!

P.S. thanks Swain!

Didn't realize he was at UAB. I don't believe Fulmer will step aside anytime soon. But if there is a health issue that forces it? I have to admit, he needs and deserves to be the first one to say no.

I'm a bit concerned that Blackburn was associate AD when Hamilton made the flurry of mistakes he did (that we are still paying for--quite literally). I would rather start fresh with wildly successful AD and former Vol Mark Ingram.

To be honest, I am not going to hold that against Blackburn. In the end, Hamilton made the decisions he made. A few insiders and donors might have better insight, but most of the ones who would blame him are Fulmer's buddies. But just on track record and current events, I agree with Ingram being first choice.

I heard him yesterday afternoon on WNML being interviewed by Hyams. I was impressed too. They have a good coach also but still, I think they won 6 games year before last, which was their 1st year, and then won their conference last year. They are getting it done.

P.S. thanks Swain!
Does Haslam like him? If not, forget it.

UT administration will never hire anyone who might be competent. They thought they would hire Fulmer (with no experience) and he would bomb, but he has made some wise decisions so far. Looks like his hire of a FB coach is solid. Lets hope the lady Vols hire turns out to be equally as good.

To be honest, I am not going to hold that against Blackburn. In the end, Hamilton made the decisions he made. A few insiders and donors might have better insight, but most of the ones who would blame him are Fulmer's buddies. But just on track record and current events, I agree with Ingram being first choice.

David was against many of the decisions made and he ruffled a few boosters. I admired him for that. He was not a yes man and is why he’s gone.

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back