Our issues broken down...

runthrutheT

Many will comment about Pruitt being a Bama goon, Fulmer, Chaney, etc. we were in a deep hole and are climbing out but today was a huge slip backwards. It will take time. Here are our main issues according to different coaching comments.

1) We still do not have a SEC D-line. This keeps us from getting pressure with 4 and forces us to play man to man to get pressure. This ties Pruitt’s hands. Yes he and other coaches should recruit and Coach better. But this is a big issue explained by Pruitt last week.
2) We have no TE. This limits our scheme and pass blocking. We have been void a competent TE since Hurd left and he played RB 😏 Also our RB’s struggle to pass block.
3) QB is an absolute mess. Dobbs covered a lot. We haven’t recruited or developed well since he left. This limits Off scheme, keeps the Def on the field...tires them out...etc. All of this is on coaching and recruiting but also is partly what Pruitt inherited. Would have loved a grad transfer but likely would not have mattered much.
4) Butch. Butch was a loser and a cancer that rode Dobbs to any ounce of success. He left the cupboard bear and JG and some others are the last remnant of his loser mentality.
5) Culture. It is changing but some guys need to grow up fast and play with fight and honor. I didn’t watch the game but the few highlights showed players giving up. Unacceptable.

Year 3. Can no longer blame Lyle or time needed (for a lack QB or SEC caliber players). This staff owns this turd.

Reactions: DonDiego
For the first time ever I saw a Pruitt D give up today. The offense has hung them out to dry too many times and they knew from the first half that there was no way the offense could bring the team back.
Hate to admit but this is pretty much what I saw until they put JG in one too many times for me and I left.

This team has 3 recruiting classes signed by Pruitt and they flat out rolled over and quit today. These players see the inability to solve the QB issues, the inability to make halftime adjustments, and having Friends on the staff who arent carrying their weight and they just checked out. This is the 2nd time in 3 years where the players flat out quit.

We can try to dive into play calling and scheme issues all we want but unless you see buy-in, we are staring at 3-7 or 4-6.

Many will comment about Pruitt being a Bama goon, Fulmer, Chaney, etc. we were in a deep hole and are climbing out but today was a huge slip backwards. It will take time. Here are our main issues according to different coaching comments.

1) We still do not have a SEC D-line. This keeps us from getting pressure with 4 and forces us to play man to man to get pressure. This ties Pruitt’s hands. Yes he and other coaches should recruit and Coach better. But this is a big issue explained by Pruitt last week.
2) We have no TE. This limits our scheme and pass blocking. We have been void a competent TE since Hurd left and he played RB 😏 Also our RB’s struggle to pass block.
3) QB is an absolute mess. Dobbs covered a lot. We haven’t recruited or developed well since he left. This limits Off scheme, keeps the Def on the field...tires them out...etc. All of this is on coaching and recruiting but also is partly what Pruitt inherited. Would have loved a grad transfer but likely would not have mattered much.
4) Butch. Butch was a loser and a cancer that rode Dobbs to any ounce of success. He left the cupboard bear and JG and some others are the last remnant of his loser mentality.
5) Culture. It is changing but some guys need to grow up fast and play with fight and honor. I didn’t watch the game but the few highlights showed players giving up. Unacceptable.
No offense, I'm a Pruitt fan so far, but I'm not sure I can see any of these as valid reasons for the mess we have. I hate to say it, but it looks to me like Ky coaches out coached Tn coaches--not scheme wise, personell wise.

No offense, I'm a Pruitt fan so far, but I'm not sure I can see any of these as valid reasons for the mess we have. I hate to say it, but it looks to me like Ky coaches out coached Tn coaches--not scheme wise, personell wise.

Everybody out coaches Tn...

Our problems start and end with Pruitt
I agree 💯! His biggest issue is his offensive staffs inability to properly prepare the players. I think it starts with Chaney! His offensive game plan has sucked is the simplest way to put it. Is that also the issue with the way our line blocks?

I hate the formation we line up in and and I hate our blocking scheme. What I hate most is the fact that we have at least 5 QB’s on scholarship and not a damn one is prepared to take over and run this team. That’s on the staff. No if, ands, or buts!

On the grad transfer point... Pruitt had Chryst his first year, and I always thought Chryst looked pretty good when he came into games. But even then, Pruitt’s loyalty to JG was too strong. JG could have learned a ton from watching Chryst operate, Chryst wasn’t phenomenal but he knew how to release quickly and lead a receiver.

LOL

Our issues broKen down:

1. Phil Fulmer
2. Jeremy Pruitt

VN Store

Back