Our Current Ranking UP 8 Points!

I really hope we start off next season not ranked in any poll's top 25. A paper tiger pre-season ranking is meaningless.

I remember the last couple of times we started the season ranked in the top 25. The super high expectations, the disappointment and worst of all the laughter of the rest of the college football world when reality smacked us down.

It would be better if the team earned their way into the top 25 by knocking off a good team or two that they aren't expected to beat. It won't be a legit top 25 ranking in my book until I see some signature wins.

I really hope we start off next season not ranked in any poll's top 25. A paper tiger pre-season ranking is meaningless.

I remember the last couple of times we started the season ranked in the top 25. The super high expectations, the disappointment and worst of all the laughter of the rest of the college football world when reality smacked us down.

It would be better if the team earned their way into the top 25 by knocking off a good team or two that they aren't expected to beat. It won't be a legit top 25 ranking in my book until I see some signature wins.
Top 25 has been, and is troublesome , the teams ranked 11-25 usually have far greater movement than the top 10. By that I mean, up or down 5-10 spots. The top 5, usually stay within/or around the top 10, other than that, there tends to be a lot of movement. At the same time a team starting in 50-75 range, has never played for a NATY. We've had a strong run up the ranking chart, but as has been pointed out many times, we have a very small chance to end the season with a top 25 ranking. If we can climb into the top 25 by game three, next season, we'll know we have a real team on the field, if we start dropping early in the season, as we've seen this year, it is very hard to start climbing that hill.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
A win in Norman next year will absolutely solidify that.

They better win out there, I'd hate to go out there and have to listen to my OU loving buddy gloat. Last time (2014) he didn't even bother to gloat, their fans pitied us. They were not threatened in the least. Shameful. I want to feel the hate flowing through their crowd next September when we put them away. I believe that would make my day.

Week 6 Jeremy Pruitt in a restaurant
*pays full price*
Week 14 Jeremy Pruitt in a restaurant
*On The House*
Week 6 Nick Saban in a restaurant
*On The House*
Week 14 Nick Saban in a restaurant
*pays full price*

Oh how the tables have turned.
I hear Nick Saban won't eat frosted flakes . . too many tigers on the box!

If they could get a Minnesota matchup and pull off the win, and some teams like USC can lose their bowl, no reason not to believe a final ranking could include UT
Their defense is soft. We will beat them but they will be favored. Good game to bet

A win in Norman next year will absolutely solidify that.

If you give Pruitt months to prepare a defense to stop an Oklahoma offense, I'll put money on Pruitt every time. Besides if the Okies actually do start a redshirt freshman against us, he'll see and experience things on a football field he never expected.

Reactions: Orange931
It'll be interesting to see who steps up at WR next year. Not a lot of underclassmen production there this year.
That's primarily because the upper classmen were too good to displace. Anyone want to try and take a starting spot from JJ? Might come back with a stub if you try to grab that dog's collar!

Do you think we'll finish higher in the North Pole or South Pole?

Just messing around all in good fun. Just happy to be headed to a bowl game!

Go Vols

South Pole, it’s what’s under the Ice, not from this world:)

VN Store

Back