Our Current Ranking UP 8 Points!

I40flyer

keeping it real
We've moved from #52 to #44 in one week! Nice jump, we're getting closer to the top 25 all the time, a good bowl win, and a great start next year-we'll be there.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Week 6 Jeremy Pruitt in a restaurant
*pays full price*
Week 14 Jeremy Pruitt in a restaurant
*On The House*
Week 6 Nick Saban in a restaurant
*On The House*
Week 14 Nick Saban in a restaurant
*pays full price*

Oh how the tables have turned.

We've moved from #52 to #44 in one week! Nice jump, we're getting closer to the top 25 all the time, a good bowl win, and a great start next year-we'll be there.
With the right bowl matchup and a decisive victory, I could see us sneaking in at 24/25 in final pole.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
We were 44th/41st last week. I've seen 35th as of today, some of the polls that still have us in the forties, have teams we've beaten ranked ahead of us.

Athlon has us at 38, but I always use CBS sports top 130, they have us at 44, I'm comparing apples to apples.
The CBS top 130 that moved Bama up to #4 after losing to Auburn and kept Auburn at #16?
They moved UK up 1 spot for beating Louisville. But Louisville went up 8 spots for losing.
Virginia went from 33 to 30 after beating V Tech. V Tech went from 38 to 28 after losing. That's right the team that lost jumped ahead of the team that beat them.
The CBS top 130 is a f'n joke.

The CBS top 130 that moved Bama up to #4 after losing to Auburn and kept Auburn at #16?
They moved UK up 1 spot for beating Louisville. But Louisville went up 8 spots for losing.
Virginia went from 33 to 30 after beating V Tech. V Tech went from 38 to 28 after losing. That's right the team that lost jumped ahead of the team that beat them.
The CBS top 130 is a f'n joke.
Which ranking system do you recommend? I'll give it a look!

Which ranking system do you recommend? I'll give it a look!
Honestly I don't know who's the most accurate. And I didn't intend to come off harsh on you, sorry if I did. I just hate that poll because they do stupid stuff like that each week. It's become a joke amongst my friends and I to guess who moves up the most after a loss in the cbs top 130.

Can you post a link to the coaches poll-with the expanded numbers-past the top 25?
You have to count the others receiving votes to get it expanded. The poll doesn't do it for us. With 3 votes UT is tied for 34.

You have to count the others receiving votes to get it expanded. The poll doesn't do it for us. With 3 votes UT is tied for 34.
Yes sir, I was aware, it seems a lot of guys believe there is a poll with that type of expanse, the truth be told, when looking at the bulk of the voting almost anything past top ten is only "interesting", but not really telling.

Reactions: Frozevol
It'll be interesting to see who steps up at WR next year. Not a lot of underclassmen production there this year.

A dropoff is certain. But, remember, Brandon Johnson redshirted for just this reason. We'll have him, Palmer, Keyton as the likely 1st tier. Plus Gibbs will be eligible and Tillman looks the part. 4* Jalin Hyatt is a verbal, so we're not empty on freshmen. Would like to see us pick up another HS star WR, transfer or JUCO in this class though.

We don't have a lot of room for attrition in the group, that's for sure.

It'll be interesting to see who steps up at WR next year. Not a lot of underclassmen production there this year.

We get Palmer back and Johnson redshirted which will get us some much needed experience. Although I do agree we need more underclassmen to step up.

At this point, Rankings aren't so important. Wins and the perception of improving are. We are still 7-5. (and should be 9-3; which woulda put us at about # 15)

VN Store

Back