Our constant crying is stroking Florida’s ego.

not to mention their voodoo princess just conjured up a tropical storm named "peter" of all things. i'm not surprised, are you?

F... THE GATORS. Their fans can talk sh1t all they want. They are just another loser thats playing 2nd fiddle to Bama and UGA. Florida was pretty good last season, but again lost. Yeah they have beaten our ass for the better part of 30 years. It's a long shot but I hope we go down there and shut their mouth. Milton better ball. Go Vols

That term was in reference to Tennessee stomping people in November and feeling like they had the best team in the SEC and would experience Volsheimers for what occurred in September. You'd hear it all offseason and then they'd get beat again in September.
Yeah. That's how I took it, too.

No blue font at all. Look back over the years and you will see soft Florida teams quit. It’s their legacy as a program. I’m not saying they quit every game they face adversity, but it’s part of their program’s DNA.
Wow! I honestly can't believe that someone in our fan base picked up and threw this particular rock. Our house is completely made of glass! While this year's team hasn't quit in a game, our team has quit on many occasions over the past five years.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Let me know when we actually have a dependable QB. Until then? No game in the SEC except perhaps Vandy is a given. Coming off of the worst year in UT history, with a still unsettled QB situation and you guys are thinking we are going to beat an SEC team like Florida, who just lost to the bubbas last week by 2 points? are you smoking crack?

Wow! I honestly can't believe that someone in our fan base picked up and threw this particular rock. Our house is completely made of glass! While this year's team hasn't quit in a game, our team has quit on many occasions over the past five years.
I know right. The Vols have quit in the resent past. I’m not denying that, but look at the cain the fans raised and the coaches that got fired.

We have a new coach that I expect to put an end to that. Look at Florida’s coach and the teams that he has had quit. Not just at Florida but at Miss St too. He was at Florida when they quit there, then he was at Miss St, they quit there. Now he is back at Florida where they are know to buckle under the pressure and quit.

I bring up facts about how Florida quits and you defend them.

That’s the spirit!

Vol fans defending Florida.

Like I said don’t underestimate the quit in Florida.

That’s not completely true. There needs to be a mentality shift when it comes to Florida, and that involves anyone associated with Tennessee. The players need to believe it, they need to know the fans believe it, and they need to strut into Gainesville like they own the place.

We have our own fans “learning their place” and sulking around with their hands in their pockets going “We’ll probably lose 55-10”

Last year, when our team had mailed it in, weeks before Pruitt would be fired, Florida had Trask and Pitts and beat us by 12 points.

55-10. Get out of here with that nonsense.
Ok, let’s do a test. How many Vol fans need to believe Tennessee is going to win to make it come true? A thousand? 10,000? A million?

Unfortunately since 2000 UT has been pretty much dominated by UF, AL and UGA. There is really not a lot you can say about it. I am not really sure why anyone would have any other feelings about this years game. Maybe there is hope that UF blew their wad against AL.

Pretty sure most Vol fans believed we'd beat Pitt.....how'd that work out?
I completely believed Tennessee would beat Pitt. But I was wrong. Because belief doesn’t equal truth. Most of us also thought Tennessee would lose to Florida in 2016, but Tennessee won that game. Why? Because belief doesn’t equal truth. The team that plays better will win.

This sermon isn’t directed at you. Just to the group in general.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
If we, the Vols fans don't believe in our own team, why should said team believe in themselves? Such an attitude means you have Lyle Allen Syndrome. What? You're energy vampires.

I am pretty sure they are saying we are worse than Florida Atlantic ...not Florida ST.

FAU vs FSU

One of the comments literally said we might be "worse than FSU". Go back and see the original thread, it had multiple comments, easy to miss.

Edit: Actually the poster said he "felt worse for them than FSU", which in a way is worse. Bottom line is we aren't as bad as FSU.

As for FAU, hard to say. This year outside of Florida probably the toughest game they have is Marshall, who crushed them last year. I don't think you can make that comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: JonGrudensAgent

Under Pruitt, yes, and in the last two years of Jones (believe it or not his teams played hard the first three seasons).

Not under Heupel. Not yet. And that's all that matters Saturday.

I completely believed Tennessee would beat Pitt. But I was wrong. Because belief doesn’t equal truth. Most of us also thought Tennessee would lose to Florida in 2016, but Tennessee won that game. Why? Because belief doesn’t equal truth. The team that plays better will win.

This sermon isn’t directed at you. Just to the group in general.

Oh I know, I was actually agreeing with you. The idea that if we all just believe will make it so is beyond silly.

Reactions: overseasorange2
Unfortunately since 2000 UT has been pretty much dominated by UF, AL and UGA. There is really not a lot you can say about it. I am not really sure why anyone would have any other feelings about this years game. Maybe there is hope that UF blew their wad against AL.

Eh, some pushback. We beat UF 3/4 from 2001-2004. So it really started in 2005. Have only won one since, but hey, at least we did win one!

VN Store

Back