OT: I got a little bit of a situation here

bpalmer28

My wife's 30th bday is Friday. I haven't got anything for her. Think she's expecting something special, but she knows we're BROKE so I gotta get creative. I SUCK AT CREATIVE. Any ideas?

I'm going to get roasted for this but roast away. What about a framed handwritten love letter. you can get a nice frame for cheap. And a box of candy if she has a sweet tooth or a bouquet of flowers if she's a flower girl.

My wife's 30th bday is Friday. I haven't got anything for her. Think she's expecting something special, but she knows we're BROKE so I gotta get creative. I SUCK AT CREATIVE. Any ideas?
Make a $12 million donation to the Athletic Department in her name. Buyout the Thumb, and hire Hugh Freeze.

She will be VERY appreciative...if you know what I mean.

No offense, but if you own a computer or smartphone that’s capable of logging in to Volnation, then you’re not broke. Go make your wife happy

make her a Birthday card..and write how special she is and how much you love her in it..get creative with the card..
sometimes the best gifts are the ones that come from the heart....

Reactions: Vjcvette and BigO95
Buddy this is a football forum
THIS IS A CRISIS MATT! ALL HANDS ON DECK
No offense, but if you own a computer or smartphone that’s capable of logging in to Volnation, then you’re not broke. Go make your wife happy
That's a good point, actually. If I sell my phone to buy her a nice gift it'll come across as a loving sacrifice with the added bonus of her not being able to track my location!! Kidding of course.

Recall some of her fondest childhood memories and create a situation that takes her back there...on the cheap, photos, how you remember the first time she told you about it, have someone that haves knowledge of it to contribute memories via you, etc..

Make a "coupon" book of nice things for her to "cash in" over the year. Have your kids help with the project. Make it look like you put some real care into putting it together.
Ex:
massage.
foot rub
candle light dinner at home
date night
2 or 3 honeydo coupons for stuff around the house.
weekend getaway
cook her favorite meal
'babysit' kids while she joins her friends for a girls outing.
pedicure/manicure

Or whatever she likes.

Years ago, I bought my wife a Pandora bracelet for our anniversary. Initial costs can be fairly expensive depending on the starter bracelet but if your wife is like mine and she loves sentimental gifts; it pays off when/if times get tough because the charms range anywhere from $15-$200. I can always get her a new charm without breaking the bank and she loves it every time!

VN Store

Back