OT - hope our Nashville peeps are ok

What would be the proper time then?
I've had my share of encounters with hurricanes - Rita and Ike in Texas and (massive) Typhoon Tip in '79 while stationed in Okinawa.
They did enough damage to my dwellings and personal property to incite a healthy contempt in me for any form of big, windy storm.
Not to mention the devastation suffered by friends and family.
Therefore, I make fun of them. Yes - because they blow. But not in a good way.

I can't speak for everyone but to me the proper time would be 2 interject my comment of a humorous nature at my own calamity. When it comes to someone else all you can do is have compassion for them

Putting aside the bickering over a silly game for the moment, it has been a pretty brutal 12 hours for those of us in the Nashville area. I know we have a lot of posters there, and many of you have friends and family there. I sincerely hope everyone made it through ok...
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! My family and I are thinking about all of you down there in Tennessee!!! You all are in my families hearts and prayers!!!

As my father, a WWII combat-injured veteran of the D-Day invasion used to say, "Son, you have to find the humor in any situation, no matter how dire. It's the only way to maintain your sanity."
Don't justify stupidity!!!

Don't call my father stupid, Мудак!
He was more of a man than you'll ever be.
That was for your stupidity for posting it!!! I responded to you not your father!

I had a response about the manhood comment but I don't like to see tears from a grown man!

They are fortunate he was on it. Middle of the night , bad business.

Yeah, but credit where credit is due. My wife called and woke him up and told him to get his family into a safe spot and he passed it on. Momma bears watching out for their babies, lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, but credit where credit is due. My wife woke him up and told him to get his family into a safe spot and he passed it on. Momma bears watching out for their babies, lol.
Hah! Mama bears indeed, never to be trifled with!

That was for your stupidity for posting it!!! I responded to you not your father!

I had a response about the manhood comment but I don't like to see tears from a grown man!
Puerile ad hominem invective will get you nowhere, Junior, no matter who it's aimed at.

VN Store

Back