OT - 25 dead so far in historic flooding in eastern Kentucky

I would take it as a reminder that poorer people suffer the most in natural disasters. I wouldn't take it as a dig at Eastern Kentuckians.

I took it the same way, bi printed or not. The less financially endowed are often forced into unfavorable situations. Counties allow moneyed builders to build houses in areas surveys show are flood prone. When a prime real estate or location is desired by the moneyed, they get local governments to enact eminent domain to get you out o the way. Especially if you refuse to sell, knowing the value of the property is greater than what is offered to buy it. And there's more than just these two examples. So disasters that hit the poor isn't always just natural events in and of themselves. Often they are known or expected horrors just waiting to happen.

Question for joevol. I don't cotton to the LBGT lifestyle myself, but exactly what bi newspaper printed the shown picture. I didn't even know they had a newspaper, which is kind of dumb in the digital age and decline of newsprint. But then again, we're never at a lack for dumb people. So what newspaper is this, given the hostility by locals to bi-things, who buys such newspapers? I don't see such a business existing in the area any more than I'd expect to see Carolina PeaceMaker, The Chronicle, or Jackson Advocate existing there. But hey! I've been wrong about a lot of things before.

The artist, Joel Pett, wrote that he meant it as EasternVol read it. He works for Lexington Herald-Tribune. I think Joevol meant ‘big’ not ‘bi’.

View attachment 477273the bi newspaper in Lexington printed this. Kinda a lie blow to everyone who has lived through these floods, and pretty much their opinion on how people where I'm from are nothing but poor hillbillies. Idk, maybe I'm overreacting, but it hasn't sit well with anyone back home
Prayers for everyone affected. Glad your family is safe. I remember the 1977 flood that really hit Bell County hard.

Prayers for everyone affected. Glad your family is safe. I remember the 1977 flood that really hit Bell County hard.
I was two years old, but have seen some awful pictures of when it happened.

VN Store

Back