Oscar Tshiebwe in portal

Can’t imagine why Bailey would leave? After sniffing the draft, and not showing much this season I also can’t imagine Pons would stay. Even if he went to play in Europe that would seem perfectly acceptable for a European?

Keon has been a bit shaky offensively which probably hasn’t helped his stock much, but I don’t think it’s because of anything wrong w his game that time won’t improve. So probably not hurting his stock any, in which case as a borderline lottery pick he’s probably gone. Springer has really impressed me and I’m not sure why he wouldn’t be close to Keon in terms of draft status. Would think JJJ will return? Just not sure about what his mindset is after coming in being so highly touted. But my impression is that he’s level headed and would probably give it another year.

I’m curious about the other seniors. Is Fulky actually allowed to play again next year? In a 9th season? Can Anosike return?

Last edited:
What makes Johnson's stock so high?

He’s a super long defender with elite athleticism that has developing offensive skills. And he’s a great kid that is a teenager and plays defense and doesn’t mind not being a star.

Imo, the worst case scenario is that Pons, Springer, Keon and JJJ, all get drafted, next year. Well, worst case scenario for the '21-'22 Vols, probably a good thing for UT, overall. JJJ, probably comes back and I hope one of the freshmen do, also. Still, I expect UT to lose at least 2 kids to the NBA, probably 3
Pons isn't getting drafted. Neither is JJJ. Springer's gone though

I think Pons gets drafted. He’s certainly not slowing down on the defensive end.
Pons is getting drafted, more than likely in the 2nd round, but he could sneak in, late 1st round. Just need one team to fall in love with that ceiling, athleticism and strength/body, Pons has, probably somebody with multiple 1st round picks, if he does sneak in the First

Reactions: jp1
Pons is getting drafted, more than likely in the 2nd round, but he could sneak in, late 1st round. Just need one team to fall in love with that ceiling, athleticism and strength/body, Pons has, probably somebody with multiple 1st round picks, if he does sneak in the First
👀

The feel and instinct part of the game isn’t there. Imo With his high fade away shot, he’d kill dudes with an up and under,

Pons isn't getting drafted. Neither is JJJ. Springer's gone though
Think you possibly just went 0-3 in that post. Pons gets drafted. Might not stick in the league long term but someone probably takes flyer on his defensive ability late in the draft. JJJ also has a chance to get himself drafted (unless you meant this year, I would agree with that), and I think it's 50/50 on Springer leaving this year.

I know it's too late for this guy but when you have a guy who wants to transfer mid season and you don't have a scholarship are you allowed to put them on scholarship in football if one is open to get them in school and then switch them to basketball next fall?

I know it's too late for this guy but when you have a guy who wants to transfer mid season and you don't have a scholarship are you allowed to put them on scholarship in football if one is open to get them in school and then switch them to basketball next fall?
No it doesn’t work that way.....would be nice if it did

Bear Bryant used to put football players on Baseball scholarships until the SEC or NCAA stopped that trail. I remember when SEC teams besides maybe LSU & Miss State were very mediocre in baseball.

VN Store

Back