Oscar Tshiebwe in portal

Pons will declare for Draft. Fulky might but I dont ever see him as an NBA player. Overseas yes. Question is does he want to come back to college for year number 6.

Reactions: volfan__18
Bailey is a good college player, but players like him are a dime a dozen. I doubt he sniffs an NBA draft board, this year.

I thought the same about Bone, but was proven wrong. If Bailey hadn't RS last season and already got a year under Barnes to develop I'd probably think it less likely, but he came outta HS as a top 100 guy and he's 22 now so he may just be ready to take his chances. I'm not saying he will, but him leaving wouldn't shock me like Bone leaving did.

I thought the same about Bone, but was proven wrong. If Bailey hadn't RS last season and already got a year under Barnes to develop I'd probably think it less likely, but he came outta HS as a top 100 guy and he's 22 now so he may just be ready to take his chances. I'm not saying he will, but him leaving wouldn't shock me like Bone leaving did.
Oh he might leave, but it wonā€™t be because he gets drafted into the NBA, IMO.

Bone has elite athleticism, Bailey not as much

Which wasn't showcased UNTIL he declared and did the combine.

But the comment wasn't to compare the two, no one thought Bone would leave as a Junior. He would have elevated his draft stock a ton with one more season and the team wouldn't have seen such a dip like it did with him returning.

I'm just saying Bailey leaving or declaring (not saying he'd get drafted @cncchris33) would be less of a surprise than Bone leaving.

But the comment wasn't to compare the two, no one thought Bone would leave as a Junior. He would have elevated his draft stock a ton with one more season and the team wouldn't have seen such a dip like it did with him returning.

I'm just saying Bailey leaving or declaring (not saying he'd get drafted @cncchris33) would be less of a surprise than Bone leaving.
I was basing it off of your comment about how he grades come draft time...
Yeah I think Pons already has NBA potential, and I know he'll be able to start overseas already.

I mention Bailey cause he'll graduate and he's already our leading scorer, depending on how he's graded come draft time he could take off. Personally, I think all of the guys who can should return. They'll have even better seasons next year getting a full off-season of work together and having the talent incoming.
Not sure what you meant by that if not to say how he is graded for the NBA Draft. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

I was basing it off of your comment about how he grades come draft time...

Not sure what you meant by that if not to say how he is graded for the NBA Draft. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Well, you and I both know that there's quite a few former college players grinding the D-league or overseas right now who got graded as 2nd rounders (or better). The system doesn't favorite the athlete at all and the NBA doesn't care to change it.

We could definitely use him. Donā€™t think Anosike is the player we had all hoped he would be
I think expectations were maybe a bit high for him. Also he played a different position. Went from playing the 4 to now playing mostly in the post. I was hopeful that he would just rebound and play defense. I wonā€™t dig up the post but when we were rosterbating I figured heā€™d probably be good for 14 mpg which is about what heā€™s had so far although looks like that might start shrinking

Last edited:
Bailey is a good college player, but players like him are a dime a dozen. I doubt he sniffs an NBA draft board, this year.
Yeah and depending on what the roster looks like next year he could really elevate his profile. Still probably wonā€™t be shooting up draft boards

Reactions: cncchris33
Yes, Fulk can return. Basically this year did not happen. Bailey will be a Junior again next year if Iā€™m following the NCAAā€™s decisions.
So theoretically we could have the same team as this year plus Chandler and Mashack? If BTO is correct and the seniors scholarships wonā€™t count?

So theoretically we could have the same team as this year plus Chandler and Mashack? If BTO is correct and the seniors scholarships wonā€™t count?
Correct. Iā€™d look for Pons to leave, Fulk to return, and EJA to return. We would have room to add one more in that case, assuming no transfers or dismissals. Iā€™d expect at least one transfer, though.

I see it the same way. Bailey isnā€™t an NBA prospect IMO.

I think I have been more impressed with him than others on this board. If you go by his results thus far, I would agree that it's not enough to impress anyone too much, but I think he is in the same position as everyone in our top 7. They are all good players, and have plenty of time this season to improve their stock.

Bailey's biggest asset is being a scorer. So, if he can add to his already more than decent average (13.4), and win some games for us, I could see his stock rising dramatically this year.

Correct. Iā€™d look for Pons to leave, Fulk to return, and EJA to return. We would have room to add one more in that case, assuming no transfers or dismissals. Iā€™d expect at least one transfer, though.

Uros maybe?

At this point who do you think is the most likely transfer? Did they waive having to sit one year?

Pons and Fulky can't play college basketball till they are 30. They have to go make money wherever they can before the window closes. I just don't see either back next year.

Reactions: Border Vol
If he's looking to transfer in this semester then I think its a no go for us, we simply don't have the room and Barnes doesn't even really cut dudes in the offseason, much less in January. This article mentions specifically how one of the main factors he is considering is the availability of an open scholarship. Just hope he doesn't go to Kentucky
Schools and timeframe for Oscar Tshiebwe

Boneā€™s speed was talked about nationally his junior season. And no, Bone leaving wasnā€™t much of a surprise towards season ended, it was pretty widely discussed.

Boneā€™s speed was talked about nationally his junior season. And no, Bone leaving wasnā€™t much of a surprise towards season ended, it was pretty widely discussed.

Since apparently no one understands implied opinion...

I meant all that as a "TO ME"

Uros maybe?
At this point who do you think is the most likely transfer? Did they waive having to sit one year?
Iā€™d think Gaines may take a look. Anosike could, potentially, if we landed a guy like Tshiebwe and Fulk returns, but I think he is probably where he wants to be. Same with Pember. Uros, perhaps, takes a look.

This would qualify as a bit of a surprise, but depending on what happens with the guard rotation the rest of this season, Vescovi could explore his options. Letā€™s say Keon and Springer both return, next year, and you have Chandler coming in. Things suddenly get crowded and Vescovi would be an attractive piece on the open market for a team with a more wide-open rotation at guard, be it PG or SG.

Iā€™d think Gaines may take a look. Anosike could, potentially, if we landed a guy like Tshiebwe and Fulk returns, but I think he is probably where he wants to be. Same with Pember. Uros, perhaps, takes a look.

This would qualify as a bit of a surprise, but depending on what happens with the guard rotation the rest of this season, Vescovi could explore his options. Letā€™s say Keon and Springer both return, next year, and you have Chandler coming in. Things suddenly get crowded and Vescovi would be an attractive piece on the open market for a team with a more wide-open rotation at guard, be it PG or SG.

Feel like if the one-time exist Uros is a big time possibility to transfer. With his age & skillset I'm not sure how much more minutes he gets with Barnes.

Also despite having seen no floor time yet, Walker would be one I'd worry about. But he may have expect to RS this season anyway so he could be willing to stick it out longer.

Iā€™m starting to think that Keon and Springer might both return. Of course itā€™s early and if they keep improving like they have recently then all bets are off. IMO Pons will leave though.

Doubt Bailey will leave. He has 2 years left. Heā€™s not nearly as talented as KJ and JS. JJJ could certainly end up leaving if he reaches his potential this year.
I stated before the season that Springer and Keon will not leave because both need another year of seasoning with Barnes. Only one to leave will be Pons. Before yall jump down my throat that is JHHO!!! nothing more or nothing less!

VN Store

Back