Oregon Transfer VJ Bailey commits to Tennessee

If thats
You’re physically incapable of appreciating anything...that’s where we’re at. Back to you failing to convince us that keeping our coach is a bad thing. 😴
If thats your summary of the conversation, you missed the hypothesis.

If thats

If thats your summary of the conversation, you missed the hypothesis.
Bisch whine...wait for response...continue without one...repeat. Pretty dead on. If we had lost Barnes, you’d be doing the same crap about how we didn’t pay up. 😴 Fulmer crossed you up so you took this tack. Whine whine whine...lil starling...whine whine whine.

Bisch whine...wait for response...continue without one...repeat. Pretty dead on. If we had lost Barnes, you’d be doing the same crap about how we didn’t pay up. 😴 Fulmer crossed you up so you took this tack. Whine whine whine...lil starling...whine whine whine.
You're special, my friend. Maybe re-read, because you are having a conversation full of things never said. Thanks for your time. Have a good week!

You're special, my friend. Maybe re-read, because you are having a conversation full of things never said. Thanks for your time. Have a good week!
Ever since we kept Barnes...you’ve been camped out on this perch trying to change people’s minds. Whatever “central point” you’re butt winding out ends up with the same motivation. We kept our coach, you can’t make us unhappy about it and that makes every moment of every week terrible for you...good! Couldn’t happen to a crummier, fake fan.

Ever since we kept Barnes...you’ve been camped out on this perch trying to change people’s minds. Whatever “central point” you’re butt winding our ends up with the same motivation. We kept our coach, you can’t make us unhappy about it and that makes every moment of every week terrible for you...good! Couldn’t happen to a crummier, fake fan.
I'm not an fan. Never said get rid of Barnes. Said my perception of him was altered, and my ambivalence as a consumer of the product was increased. The rest of that is only happening in your mind.

Ever since we kept Barnes...you’ve been camped out on this perch trying to change people’s minds. Whatever “central point” you’re butt winding out ends up with the same motivation. We kept our coach, you can’t make us unhappy about it and that makes every moment of every week terrible for you...good! Couldn’t happen to a crummier, fake fan.
I stated I was a product consumer, not a fan. I never said not to keep him. I said his actions altered my opinion of him, and I am ambivalent more now about that product. The rest is only in your mind.

I'm not an fan. Never said get rid of Barnes. Said my perception of him was altered, and my ambivalence as a consumer of the product was increased. The rest of that is only happening in your mind.
Thanks for admitting you’re not a fan...not that we weren’t privy to that info. What do you piss on when you’re not on other team’s boards?

I stated I was a product consumer, not a fan. I never said not to keep him. I said his actions altered my opinion of him, and I am ambivalent more now about that product. The rest is only in your mind.
So you’re some boring bean counter...shocking. 😴

Can't he claim racism or some other offense and be granted immediate eligibility? Isn't that what tha UGA QB did?

I wasn't sure what you were talking about and then I remembered this is the Bailey thread

I wish some of you guys could slow down and realize how ridiculous you sound. All of a sudden because CRB got his pay everyone is hating on him. Thats it....nothing else behind all the hatred and people aren't even hiding it.

1. As a coach whether pro or college you basically in your career get one chance to write your own check. When it comes you take it and whatever team signs off on it thats on them. Its a business. As far as his contract CRB did absolutely nothing wrong. And for all the ones whining about it I guarantee if you had a similar opportunity at your job you'd do the same. Its not about anything but business. What he did was a good business move on his part and totally normal in his industry.

2. If CRB was not seen as going an outstanding Job UCLA never comes knocking and Fulmer never gives him the raise.

3. No matter what contract CRB signed it dopes not change the fact this year is gonna be a very down year and no coach we could have reasonably hired to replace him could have come here and changed that. Overpaying him the next year or 2 is gonna be worth the payoff. He will earn that money.

4. The main reason that CRB's contract had to be what it was is Fulmer had to make a statement. Not just for MBB but for the Athletic Department as a whole. UT has always been notorious for not paying anyone but the football coach and even then they went cheap but gave huge buyouts. They offered everyone Derrick Dooley salary wit ha Nick Saban buyout. Even WBB our head coach was not even in the top 10 women's coaches in salary the past decade. Even Kellie gave them a home team discount.

I totally trust Barnes, however I would like to know “why” some are stoked about this transfer?

He certainly gives Tennessee another body, he could turn into something really good.......however many.......many players “could” do both as well.

He has played two years with nothing special to show. He only has two seasons to possibly give and he has to sit a year. To me it seems like just a “body” and just a “pg” pick up.

Sure it’s needed but I think the scholarship would be WAY better served to hold and use on an incoming freshman. Tennessee is in a much better spot to land a better prospect than a former 4 star with 2 years left.

To me the only reason people are excited about this pick up is “he was a former 4 star.” Maybe I’m dead wrong, and maybe I’m missing something (please correct me if I have).

Rick Barnes came to a broken program and started signing lower rated talents...and we grumbled. Stuck with them through two uninspiring seasons...and we grumbled. They developed into NBA talents and we started seeing wins but our coach was wanted by another program and we paid up to keep him...some of us grumbled. Barnes knows this Bailey kid, appreciates his talent and wants to coach him...I ain’t grumbling.

Rick Barnes came to a broken program and started signing lower rated talents...and we grumbled. Stuck with them through two uninspiring seasons...and we grumbled. They developed into NBA talents and we started seeing wins but our coach was wanted by another program and we paid up to keep him...some of us grumbled. Barnes knows this Bailey kid, appreciates his talent and wants to coach him...I ain’t grumbling.

I don’t hate the move as Tennessee needs a pg; however some folks seemed really excited about the pick up.

Sometimes coaches pick up a player out of need. I know there are times when a coach doesn’t think a kid will be a star but they need the body...........I just think this is what the pick up is..........don’t hate it just not excited about it. I think it could have been better used next year.

I don’t hate the move as Tennessee needs a pg; however some folks seemed really excited about the pick up.

Sometimes coaches pick up a player out of need. I know there are times when a coach doesn’t think a kid will be a star but they need the body...........I just think this is what the pick up is..........don’t hate it just not excited about it. I think it could have been better used next year.
He’s got skills and athletic talent. No guarantee this phantom high school kid has as much. Once again, it doesn’t matter what we’re excited about...we don’t coach him.

Thanks for admitting you’re not a fan...not that we weren’t privy to that info. What do you piss on when you’re not on other team’s boards?
Here comes the personal harassment by one of the BBall forum Gestapo.

Yup, he’ll have to take “real fan” off his resume.

Here comes the personal harassment by one of the BBall forum Gestapo.

Yup, he’ll have to take “real fan” off his resume.
Ahhh! Nazi references from VN’s own Maduro. Maybe form a victim support group/bisch podcast.

Reactions: cncchris33
I think if Barnes would have handled this differently the money would not have been an issue with some fans. It's the way he handled it that rubbed people the wrong way. Even after the fact he doubled down and painted TN in a slightly unfavorable act basically saying TN was a second tier program and if the buyout would have been handled by UCLA he would be at UCLA. Whether true that TN is a second tier program or not, some things are best left unsaid. Many fans, rightfully or not, had a persona of Coach Barnes of being part of the VOL family. Also, they figured loyalty would play into it some as they viewed the hiring as rescueing him from his firing at Texas garnered some.

In summary, if all that was said was UCLA offered and The Vols matched, and Coach Barnes said he was extremely happy to finish what he started here, fan reaction would have been totally different.

Having said all that I'm extremely pleased that he's here and the alternative would lost likely been disastrous. It would have cemented TN as a second tier program for many years to come. I was excited the day he was hired and am excited for what's to come. He did bring me back to reality though by making me realize that this is 99% about the money. It's all business.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14

Uhh...then gtfo?

Seriously who waste this much time complaining and responding if they're not even a fan?

VN Store

Back