Oregon Transfer VJ Bailey commits to Tennessee

I wish some of you guys could slow down and realize how ridiculous you sound. All of a sudden because CRB got his pay everyone is hating on him. Thats it....nothing else behind all the hatred and people aren't even hiding it.

1. As a coach whether pro or college you basically in your career get one chance to write your own check. When it comes you take it and whatever team signs off on it thats on them. Its a business. As far as his contract CRB did absolutely nothing wrong. And for all the ones whining about it I guarantee if you had a similar opportunity at your job you'd do the same. Its not about anything but business. What he did was a good business move on his part and totally normal in his industry.

2. If CRB was not seen as going an outstanding Job UCLA never comes knocking and Fulmer never gives him the raise.

3. No matter what contract CRB signed it dopes not change the fact this year is gonna be a very down year and no coach we could have reasonably hired to replace him could have come here and changed that. Overpaying him the next year or 2 is gonna be worth the payoff. He will earn that money.

4. The main reason that CRB's contract had to be what it was is Fulmer had to make a statement. Not just for MBB but for the Athletic Department as a whole. UT has always been notorious for not paying anyone but the football coach and even then they went cheap but gave huge buyouts. They offered everyone Derrick Dooley salary wit ha Nick Saban buyout. Even WBB our head coach was not even in the top 10 women's coaches in salary the past decade. Even Kellie gave them a home team discount.
The most likely scenario is that Barnes will work his regular season mastery and win 20+, then exit post season in the first or second round. The board will crescendo with the scathing 5 million dollar man digs. I'm prepared.

Reactions: pimo1
Here comes the personal harassment by one of the BBall forum Gestapo.

Yup, he’ll have to take “real fan” off his resume.
Roust, come on man. I’ve had my gripes with the BBall Gestapo in this forum, A lot! Specifically defending Ziti, most of the time which, I didn’t even share the same opinion as him. There’s more people than the b-ball gestapo that don’t like what you post on a consistent basis. That’s more of a reflection on your hypocrisy, than them.

Very weak sauce...best to stop now

Your faux intellectual projection is laughable and all from someone who is SO ambivalent he goes on and on for page after page...lol
You're right. I appreciate it. Sometimes it just takes an extraordinary mentor to shine light on the subject. It's really incredible. Iron sharpens iron.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Actually

Actually, the guy said he wasn't a fan. Called himself a product consumer. Doesn't like the Head product, to which he's entitled.
I have zero interest in discussing another poster with you or anyone else. He can call himself whatever he wants. Be nice to post something with the b-ball Gestapo harassing.

Same ole crap. If you Don’t drink Barnes bath water then we are going to personally insult your fandom and right to post your opinion. This forum is littered with hundreds of such posts.

Reactions: orangemadam
Roust, come on man. I’ve had my gripes with the BBall Gestapo in this forum, A lot! Specifically defending Ziti, most of the time which, I didn’t even share the same opinion as him. There’s more people than the b-ball gestapo that don’t like what you post on a consistent basis. That’s more of a reflection on your hypocrisy, than them.

Do you really think I lose a minutes sleep if someone doesn’t agree with me? It has nothing to do with that. Don’t agree with me? No problem. He’ll, your welcome to say, “I dont agree and here’s why.” Knock yourself out.
Don’t like me? Ignore me. No problem. That’s not the issue. This forum has a circle of posters who think they own the place and instead of just doing what I said above, they make it a point to antagonize and personally attack.

Ignore feature is your friend. No one forced you or anyone to read anything I say. Hit ignore and you’ll never see another post from me.
You’re welcome

Back to Bailey. Any chance this guy has a case for a waiver or are they wanting a red shirt year anyway?

The most likely scenario is that Barnes will work his regular season mastery and win 20+, then exit post season in the first or second round. The board will crescendo with the scathing 5 million dollar man digs. I'm prepared.
agree totally

Do you really think I lose a minutes sleep if someone doesn’t agree with me? It has nothing to do with that. Don’t agree with me? No problem. He’ll, your welcome to say, “I dont agree and here’s why.” Knock yourself out.
Don’t like me? Ignore me. No problem. That’s not the issue. This forum has a circle of posters who think they own the place and instead of just doing what I said above, they make it a point to antagonize and personally attack.

Ignore feature is your friend. No one forced you or anyone to read anything I say. Hit ignore and you’ll never see another post from me.
You’re welcome
Maybe take your own advice. For someone who claims to not want to discuss other posters or their ability to post their opinions, you spend an awful lot of time doing just that.

Very few people here will attempt to tell someone they have no right to post. That is such a false narrative. But sorry takes, outright lies, and BS agendas will get called out here just like they will (and should) elsewhere, too. Rarely is it made into a personal matter. Your victim mentality, however, simply allows you to believe that it does.

If we both have a take on a subject, and they are polar opposite views, it is going to lead to debate. If you’d stop being such a nancy whenever your opinion is questioned, and just defend your stance, you wouldn’t be so generally disliked. As the other poster said, it’s your hypocrisy in that regard that is so puzzling.

I have zero interest in discussing another poster with you or anyone else. He can call himself whatever he wants. Be nice to post something with the b-ball Gestapo harassing.

Same ole crap. If you Don’t drink Barnes bath water then we are going to personally insult your fandom and right to post your opinion. This forum is littered with hundreds of such posts.
Drink Barnes bath water...ah you exaggerating Venezuelan dictators! 🤣

I find the Bailey signing interesting. As another poster pointed out, it makes sense if he expects James to be a 1 and done. Then he has a shooter in the wings to come out and help replace some of the production of James, Bowden and Turner somewhat. He gets to learn the system a year and step into a fairly big role next season. From what I read it looks like his guy is a shooter who needs to learn to be more consistent on defense when hes not being the designated shooter. No real lack of ability more a lack of motivation. In other words perfect for Barnes to do his magic on.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Make no mistake...Bailey is -next- year's SG starter (most likely).

Ideally James returns and is the starting PG in year 2 with Bailey as SG beside him.
That actually does make a good bit of sense also. Basically play James in the 6th man role turner used to play. Or do you Start James at SG and bring Bowden off the bench? That kinda puts Pons' role somewhat in flux.

Make no mistake...Bailey is -next- year's SG starter (most likely).

Ideally James returns and is the starting PG in year 2 with Bailey as SG beside him.
Completely agree. Once Turner and Bowden graduate after this season, we lose our best two three-point shooters. Bailey will fill that void very well.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
That actually does make a good bit of sense also. Basically play James in the 6th man role turner used to play. Or do you Start James at SG and bring Bowden off the bench? That kinda puts Pons' role somewhat in flux.

James will likely see a good bit of minutes unless Pons & Jalen really ball out.

Bailey would have averaged double digits had he played starter minutes

Basketball will be the main attraction at UT until CJP turns the football program into a consistent winner which will take a few years.

VN Store

Back