Orange Bowl

Notre Dame losing tonight had 0 effect on Tennessee and a potential Orange Bowl berth.
Bid goes to the highest ranked Big Ten or SEC team/Notre Dame. I saw several projections mention they were a dark horse for a NY6 bowl if they beat USC. Long shot, but it completely removes them from consideration.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
I think the Sugar is required to take the highest ranked SEC team not in the playoffs which will likely be Bama
I hope somebody makes the argument that UT beat Bama and lost to a team that beat 2 Top 10 teams in consecutive weeks, as well as the consensus #1 team, while Bama lost to a team that UT also beat. In other words, Tennessee’s losses are no worse than Bama’s AND Tennessee won the head to head

I think the Sugar is required to take the highest ranked SEC team not in the playoffs which will likely be Bama
Not sure if that's the highest ranked in the polls or highest ranked in the SEC standings. Either bowl would be great for the vols. And I'm sure that both NO and Miami would like the hotel revenue the vols would bring.

Bid goes to the highest ranked Big Ten or SEC team/Notre Dame. I saw several projections mention they were a dark horse for a NY6 bowl if they beat USC. Long shot, but it completely removes them from consideration.

I presume they were a dark horse because people were saying Vanderbilt might beat Tennessee.

It does a little. If USCw lost, that increases chances Bama could sneak in at #4, which would move us to Sugar Bowl...

In that sense, sure. But the comment I responded to was around there being some chance of currently-#15 Notre Dame somehow getting raised high enough to take the Orange Bowl spot.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Yep lost the right to complain. Don't know what the f--k happened last week but i hate that it did. Team looked ready to play tonight. They didn't last week.
Oregon lost by 46 to start the year but rest assured had they won tonight they’d be in the playoff discussion. Complete BS.

Quality Wins > Quality Losses

VN Store

Back