Orange Bowl: Iowa vs Georgia Tech

They just referred to Ga Tech as a "Spread Offense". Apparently all you have to do now to be considered a spread team is have a WR on the field.

They just referred to Ga Tech as a "Spread Offense". Apparently all you have to do now to be considered a spread team is have a WR on the field.

Yeah, I caught that as well. You'd think these announcers would at least do a little basic research.

:lolabove:

Clueless commentators.

I have to say that it was worth it for GT to lose that game just so they wouldn't have to stand next to that annoying woman at the trophy presentation.

I have to say that it was worth it for GT to lose that game just so they wouldn't have to stand next to that annoying woman at the trophy presentation.

Did you see the orange bowl mascot rubbing her back?! Priceless
Posted via VolNation Mobile

How about the Iowa fans in the stands booing when that woman congratulated Tech on their season? Classy. I hate living in Iowa. They win their first BCS bowl since 1959 and my Facebook blows up with "Iowa is the best!!!!!" statuses.

Sigh. I was in school and couldn't watch...

Spoke to my brother about it, and he said it turned into a who-sucks-less-a-thon. Truth?

This win caps off a solid bowl season for the Big 10.

I am compelled to agree, though if it weren't for LSU sucking versus Pa. St. I'd be arguing their competition was largely weak. I mean, I guess I still could, but when a team from your own conference loses to the Big Ten that's an awfully easy come-back for the Big Ten apologists (of which there surprisingly remain quite a few).

I am compelled to agree, though if it weren't for LSU sucking versus Pa. St. I'd be arguing their competition was largely weak. I mean, I guess I still could, but when a team from your own conference loses to the Big Ten that's an awfully easy come-back for the Big Ten apologists (of which there surprisingly remain quite a few).

Yeah i know what you mean. It's still impressive that their 4 wins were all over top 15 teams.

miami stunk it against wisconsin...i didnt even give the badgers a chance....miami still has a while to go before they are "back"

miami stunk it against wisconsin...i didnt even give the badgers a chance....miami still has a while to go before they are "back"

Miami is making some significant strides in the right direction.

But they are in the ACC, which automatically in my book means they are suspect. Particularly on defense.

In spite of the competition level, I think most have to admit the Big Ten came out and proved a lot of people wrong. Even though Michigan and Wisconsin are down right now, they've still got some pretty good football going on.

VN Store

Back