Opinions on living in Maryville?

Blount Co real estate is insane right now. I know that goes without saying as it is crazy all over the country. But I've been watching for several months and I'm not sure how someone could buy a home there without being in the area already. Seems like they get sold almost immediately.

Blount Co real estate is insane right now. I know that goes without saying as it is crazy all over the country. But I've been watching for several months and I'm not sure how someone could buy a home there without being in the area already. Seems like they get sold almost immediately.

I just plugged in the bed/bath and square footage of our house into Realtor.com for Maryville and everything there is 2/3x what we paid for our house in 2020. The housing marking is stupid right now.

Reactions: Ernest T. Vol
Hypothetical scenario: lets say I live within Maryville city limits and, therefore, send my kids to Maryville city schools. But then I decide I want more land and move out of the city limits, but still within Blount Co. Will my kids be allowed to stay in Maryville city schools while we pay the tuition? Or will they be subject to the priority list linked earlier in this thread without consideration that they've already been in the school system? Anyone know the answer to this?

Please educate me then as we’ve got a place on the river near Townsend and spend a fair amount of time there. The full service bbq place is pretty good but only to go. Subs and such is very average for a deli. The Black Bear is pretty good but keeps inconsistent hours. The blue tic tavern used to be good pizza but is now terrible (worst pizza I’ve had in years terrible). The new peaceful side social club is pretty good. Everything else is pretty much a chain unless you count Lee’s chicken or Richie creme. Still looking for a good hamburger. Not found a good Mexican or Chinese. If we want a good meal we drive to Ye Ole Steakhouse. Seriously - what am I missing?

Pizza- Jabroni's is good NY style pizza
Hamburger- Hot Rod's and The Hop 50's drive in
Chinese- I like Lemongrass
Irish- The Irish pub on Broadway is good
Mexican- Back of the grocery store and La Lupita

There are lots of really good places that are off of the main highway.

Reactions: walkenvol
Any suggestions on builders in the Maryville area? I've gotten a few quotes but the rough numbers I've seen are stupid high.

Please educate me then as we’ve got a place on the river near Townsend and spend a fair amount of time there. The full service bbq place is pretty good but only to go. Subs and such is very average for a deli. The Black Bear is pretty good but keeps inconsistent hours. The blue tic tavern used to be good pizza but is now terrible (worst pizza I’ve had in years terrible). The new peaceful side social club is pretty good. Everything else is pretty much a chain unless you count Lee’s chicken or Richie creme. Still looking for a good hamburger. Not found a good Mexican or Chinese. If we want a good meal we drive to Ye Ole Steakhouse. Seriously - what am I missing?
Check out The Abbey in Townsend. Great spot with outdoor seating RIGHT ON the Little River. My favorite spot to hit in town, decent selections of beer and the food I've gotten was good.

Reactions: tbh and walkenvol

VN Store

Back