"Operation Southern Shield"

Operation Safe Driver targeting commercial vehicles is going on also.

On my trip to and from Turkey Creek this morning, 5 vehicles pulled over. All cars with Tn plates.

Reactions: RollerVol
Funny cop story....Tuesday me and the family went for a trip to a indoor water park about 2.5 hours from home. On the way down we pass a cop and he flips around as I look and I was doing 72/55....This young state trooper walks up and says we have two problems. Said I was going "a little fast" and the power T decal on my back window, tells me he's a huge UK fan. Was very nice about everything and then asks me if there was any guns,bombs or drugs in the car? I tell him I have a hand gun on me and I have 3 dead Bama fans in the trunk....(The gun part was true anyways lol) He laughs and says everything sounds fine then..lol....Gave me a verbal warning and said he actually respects the UT fanbase....Cool dude and glad he didn't give me a ticket or check the trunk! :)

Is this why I've been seeing multiple police or TN state troopers on the side of the road this week?

Donut fund must be low.

I’ve been noticing Memphis PD and state troopers working the metro more
Memphis recently was awarded the 3rd most dangerous city in the nation along with 30 shootings this year on 240 alone.

I’ve been noticing Memphis PD and state troopers working the metro more
Memphis recently was awarded the 3rd most dangerous city in the nation along with 30 shootings this year on 240 alone.
Once every couple of weeks I'll notice MPD giving out tickets on 40/240. This week I've seen multiple every day on the way to work and on the way home.

Reactions: Obsessed
Yesterday, 3 cars, all in-state plates. I continue to get run over by out-of-state drivers and trucks.

Had a lightly marked police car tailgate and then pass me on the interstate yesterday. Changing lanes with no signal and speeding. Didn’t appear to be chasing anyone as I was in the middle lane and he was “stuck” in traffic all around. I didn’t even know it was a cop until he passed me. White car with very light police decals

Reactions: rs16 and RollerVol
I was heading west on 40 out downtown Knoxville one night many years ago, just tooling along in the middle lane, not the fastest or slowest car around, and suddenly I get some bright headlights right up on my bumper. I waited for whoever it was to go on around but he didn’t. I slowed down, changed lanes, and he stayed on me like he was drafting with his lights on bright. I was getting mad but also concerned because I was wondering who had this beef with me and where it was going.

So there was a car in front of me and people passing on my left and I saw if I punched it I could slip into a gap between cars and the dude couldn’t follow me. So I gunned it and shot the gap successfully and started watching my mirror to see what he’d do. He caught the next gap and bullied his way through, found his way back to me and got right up on my bumper again. Now I was straightup pissed and started yelling and gesturing at my rear view mirror.

And then he turned on his blue lights. I was like, are you ****ing kidding me??! I pulled over and he walked up, asked for L&R, and I contained my anger but asked, “What did I do?” He said, “You were speeding.” “Speeding? Where??” He said, “Back there when you ran up between those cars trying to get away from me. I was pacing you there, you were speeding.”

I was so freakin mad. I tried telling him my perspective of it, asking why he got up on me, he wouldn’t hear any of it. Just ticketed me and left.

Still don’t know what the hell that was about, other than just screwing with a random driver and jacking them up for a bunch of money. And why didn’t he just hit the blue lights when I shot the gap rather than catching back up to me first? Never did understand that part.

I was heading west on 40 out downtown Knoxville one night many years ago, just tooling along in the middle lane, not the fastest or slowest car around, and suddenly I get some bright headlights right up on my bumper. I waited for whoever it was to go on around but he didn’t. I slowed down, changed lanes, and he stayed on me like he was drafting with his lights on bright. I was getting mad but also concerned because I was wondering who had this beef with me and where it was going.

So there was a car in front of me and people passing on my left and I saw if I punched it I could slip into a gap between cars and the dude couldn’t follow me. So I gunned it and shot the gap successfully and started watching my mirror to see what he’d do. He caught the next gap and bullied his way through, found his way back to me and got right up on my bumper again. Now I was straightup pissed and started yelling and gesturing at my rear view mirror.

And then he turned on his blue lights. I was like, are you ****ing kidding me??! I pulled over and he walked up, asked for L&R, and I contained my anger but asked, “What did I do?” He said, “You were speeding.” “Speeding? Where??” He said, “Back there when you ran up between those cars trying to get away from me. I was pacing you there, you were speeding.”

I was so freakin mad. I tried telling him my perspective of it, asking why he got up on me, he wouldn’t hear any of it. Just ticketed me and left.

Still don’t know what the hell that was about, other than just screwing with a random driver and jacking them up for a bunch of money. And why didn’t he just hit the blue lights when I shot the gap rather than catching back up to me first? Never did understand that part.

Something similar has happened to me as well.

Troopers have had someone stopped every day on 58 on both ends of my commute. Nothing to sweat unless you're 15+ over I figure.

Not crazy, just ignorant.

Ive been driving for 17 years now, ive gotten zero tickets. I drive the speed limit, use blinkers, dont weave in and out trying to pass everyone. I try to respect the fact that others are around me, children, mothers and fathers, and i see no reason to put anyones safety at risk just because i may want to go faster. But anyways, i find his statement true. Dont give them a reason to pull you over and you will probably not get pulled over.

VN Store

Back