"Open the T" !!!!

I have not been over to Neyland recently, but heard discussion on a radio show that the PA guy is now screaming into the mic right before the team runs out of the tunnel for the band to "Open the T" !!!!

If true, I find this sickening. One of the magical things about our entrance is the fans standing and watching the band, waiting for them to start splitting apart, because we know the team is in the tunnel ready to run out on the field. The spontaneity of the moment is what makes it so special. So many things in modern sports have become contrived and forced. We don't need a legendary college football entrance to be ruined by an ear-cracking PA's booming voice. I already hate the loud 3d down announcement, as if Tennessee fans don't already know the down and distance of the game they are watching. And while we are on the subject, I despise the incessant loud DJ music blaring at every opportunity in football, basketball and baseball. Let the emotion and the fans' reactions run their natural course and put the band back in charge of the music on game day.

They're doing everything they can to ruin UT and the traditions that make us unique. Was a big fan of the Danny White hire initially, turns out he is an absolute disaster. By the time he is done we will have nothing left.

Lol. This isn’t real. It’s an ongoing joke on Fox Sports Knoxville on the 3-6pm show, the Drive.
Whoa dude, you picked the wrong name. Only room for 1 joevol33 round here. Where's your nearest waffle house? I'll be there in 15 minutes with a smothered and covered special!🤣

I have not been over to Neyland recently, but heard discussion on a radio show that the PA guy is now screaming into the mic right before the team runs out of the tunnel for the band to "Open the T" !!!!

If true, I find this sickening. One of the magical things about our entrance is the fans standing and watching the band, waiting for them to start splitting apart, because we know the team is in the tunnel ready to run out on the field. The spontaneity of the moment is what makes it so special. So many things in modern sports have become contrived and forced. We don't need a legendary college football entrance to be ruined by an ear-cracking PA's booming voice. I already hate the loud 3d down announcement, as if Tennessee fans don't already know the down and distance of the game they are watching. And while we are on the subject, I despise the incessant loud DJ music blaring at every opportunity in football, basketball and baseball. Let the emotion and the fans' reactions run their natural course and put the band back in charge of the music on game day.
“Sickening”?

Are you sure that’s the right word for this situation?

What’s your favorite thing about Henderson Hooker?
His pocket presents?

For all intensive purposes, Henderson Hooker knows how to work the tight end. Hooker is an expert at taking what the D is willing to give up. Hooker loves the play calls that require going deep. Hooker does a good job spreading it to the wide receiver.

VN Store

Back